Posted By
Adrian_Down
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I was considering purchasing Photoshop Elements 2.0, but a professional photographer that I talked with advised me to hold off, claiming that the software is due for an update in the near future. Is there any truth to this possibility? If so, is there any speculation as to how long it might be before this new version is released?
If there’s no update forthcoming, then can Elements 2.0 edit photo meta data? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks very much!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DS
Dick_Smith
May 16, 2004
Adrian,

This question has come up often here on the Forum. The beest info any of us has is: no info at all! As you can imagine there is nothing but silence from "official" sources. Others claim that 3.0 must be imminent based on release timing for 1.0 and 2.0.

The way prices are right now, it doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of diffence. If Elements were in the $200-$400 range I’d say wait a while but in the $50-$60 range? Go for it.

Dick
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 16, 2004
Others claim that 3.0 must be imminent based on release timing for 1.0 and 2.0.

Well, given that Photoshop CS came out last, what, October, end of September? and that past versions of PE have been a year or more behind the photoshop version on which they are based, you may have a bit of a wait if you don’t want to go ahead with PE 2.

Also, last time there were a bunch of amazing discounts/rebates for owners of the previous version–I think a couple of PE 1 owners here actually made money by careful shopping before ordering PE 2.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections