AF
Posted By
Alejandro_Fresno
Oct 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After an automatic Photoshop CS2 update this morning, my system asks me to restart continuosly. If I restart nothing happens and ask me to restart again.
If I go to PS – Help – Updates I ‘m been asked again.

How should I complete the update or perhaps rewind to not get this restart message?

My versions are Windows XP Pro (Spanish) and Photoshop CS2 9.0.2 English.

Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 19, 2006
Photoshop updates don’t require you to restart your system.

You do need to complete the Photoshop update, but the restart is something else…
AF
Alejandro_Fresno
Oct 19, 2006
Thanks for your prompt reply.
This was an automatically started update, it told me it will update Helper. Now I get the message every time I start my PC and when I click on Photoshop – Help – Updates.

If PS updates don ‘t need restart, why become I this message on a PS menu option like "Updates" ?

Thanks.
JK
John_Kjellberg
Dec 22, 2006
I have the same problem. English language PSCS2 on Swedish Windows. I tried deleting the preferences but as soon as I ask for an update it just tells me again I have to restart. Did it work for you Lasse?

John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections