CS1 image opened in CS2 font update question???

MB
Posted By
Mat_Braillard
Oct 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Upgraded to CS2 and when I open a CS1 image that I used non-standard fonts on I get:

"Some text layers might need to be updated before they can be used for vector based output. Do you want to update these layers now?"

Why am I being asked this question? If I click "no" I get the yellow exclamation point on my font layers. If I click "update" the layers are updated with the same font that was used in the original image.

Thanks for any help. We are confused as to why the program would ask us this.

Mat

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 10, 2005
Mat,
I think it’s nothing to do with your fonts, it’s just that the structure of that type layer needs to be converted to CS2.
It’s a one time operation. Happend when I upgraded from 7 to CS too.

Rob
MB
Mat_Braillard
Oct 10, 2005
Thanks Rob,

Just confusing why they would ask that question. Why not simply say that the image was created in CS1 and needs to be updated to a CS2 image.

They had me re-installing fonts and searching help and forums for hours trying to figure out what was going on.

Programmers! sheesh…
Thanks!
Mat
T
Todd
Oct 27, 2005
I have the same problem with CS2…except I update the layers….save the file. Then I close the file, reopen and I have to update all over again? It never seems to save the updating? Why is this? It drives me crazy having to update text every single time I open a file.

Thanks…

Todd

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections