SD
Posted By
Shrilly_Drabble
Aug 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI everyone, this is driving me mad I try to open Elements and it automatically goes to the web udpate which hangs on
AWEDBFiles4.awe.

Has anyone any experience of this and an answer please.

Using imac FP 10.3.5 80gb 800mhz 256 RAM
TIA

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 13, 2004
Shrilly

Everyone has experience this. this is probably the biggest single question about Elements. There are no updates and so just turn off the automatic update. Go to the main menu and choose > Edit > Preferences > Adobe Online and set it check for up dates to never.

Grant
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
Aug 13, 2004
HI Grant thank you so much for this reply. and so prompt too. You would get stars if this forum gave out ratings.
instead accept a big 😀

ONE Question
How do I get to that stage if Adobe doesnt open before the update. I looked in my applications folder under Elements but coudnt see a way to get to it without opeing the whole thing!
Kindest thoughts
shrilly
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 13, 2004
Shrilly

Oh my that is a bit strange now as most people can get beyond this. You are running a Mac and I am not so I will make a few suggestions until a Mac Guru shows up. First are is a fire wall stopping the connection, not likely but a shot. Second have you tried to reset the preferences for Elements. To do this when the program starts to open Pres ALT + Command + Shift. Finally I suspect it might help the Mac people out if you let them know what browser you are using.

Grant
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
Aug 13, 2004
For Mac Users
I am using Safari as my browser. I quit the program and tried again but there is no way to get to the Preferences.until it opens and it can’t open properly because of this update being stuck.
It shouldnt be the firewall as this problem only started recently, so it may be that actual update that is trying.
I will email Adobe in the morning if there is not a reply here by then. As you say I am not the first person to experience this. Hopefully by the morning there may be a reply from someone who uses Macs. It may be that I will have to uninstall it and re-install. Goodnight and thanks for trying to help.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 13, 2004
Shrilly,

Two ways of deleting pref on the Mac:

Make sure that Elements is closed down then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Apple, Alt and Shift. Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Or go to the prefs file and manually delete them.

You should be able to use the shortcut as it kicks in before Elements opens.

Wendy
S
spamtrap
Aug 13, 2004
In article ,
wrote:

Hopefully by the morning there may be a reply from someone who uses Macs.

I have noticed an update hanging in the middle (progress bar) when launching Elements 2 recently. Force quitting and then relaunching Elements starts the update process in the middle and it then completes normally. This has happened two or three times in the last month or so. I never saw it before that.
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
Aug 14, 2004
Magic ! Wendy
Thank you sooooooo Much that cured the problem!

Kindest thoughts and many good luck wishes to you.
Shrilly
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 14, 2004
Glad you have managed to get up and running again Shrilly ….

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections