EF
Posted By
ernest_feigenbaum
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I determine the content & effect of the recommended update downloads that appear frequently when Elements 2 is opened?

Wouldn’t a better understanding of these "improvements" foster better use of the program?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 8, 2003
If you click on the name of the update to highlight it, you’ll get a description of it in a box near the center of the window. The only one in there that I can find pertains only to network operations, and isn’t relevant to Elements. No, I don’t know why it’s there.

I think what you’re more likely seeing is Elements doing an automatic check to see if there are any updates. Most of us here on the forum go to Edit>Preference>Adobe Online and set the frequency to Never. Adobe has never issued an update for Elements that any of us needed. Just change the setting and you’ll be much happier! This really is a time when ignorance is bliss.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections