FE
Posted By
Frank_E._Lancaster
Dec 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since applying the latest Microsoft updates to XP/SP3 last week I can now no longer add Open Type 1 or Type 1 fonts to Fonts in Windows, and therefore can’t add more fonts for use in Photoshop CS3. I tried a new harddrive, reloaded with XP/SP3 plus updates and the exact same thing occurs. Any of those types of fonts I try to add come up as corrupt/can’t load, when in fact they are not corrupt and the exact same font files load with no problem in another XP/SP3 machine that hasn’t had the updates applied, and they also load without a hitch in a Vista machine. Anyone else, who has all the updates installed noticing this? Anyone have a solution? I know that this isn’t exactly 100% related to Photoshop only, but it does affect the program. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated…………….frank

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

FE
Frank_E._Lancaster
Dec 12, 2008
This problem is now solved. Microsoft updated the video driver for my video card, and it was obviously the wrong one. It took two days and a lot of work to discover what had caused the problem, but at least the story has happy ending. Now, back to Photoshop! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections