Cannot install trial PS CS3 : "Please insert Illustrator CS3 to continue installation"

MD
Posted By
Mattias_Dominguez
Sep 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

For school I need the Flash CS3, Illustrator CS3 and Photoshop CS3 software, My teacher said it was convenient to DOWNLOAD and install the trial-software this weekend, so we can start the lessons properly on monday. Next week we will receive the keys to activate the software.
Now I have installed Flash and Illustrator, but when I try to install the Photoshop software, I get this :
<http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1808/afbeelding1yd5.png>

The setup asks to insert the Illustrator CS3, but I don’t have this because I downloaded the trial-software from the Adobe website..

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks!

Mattias

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 21, 2008
Mattias,

First, I’ve never done trial downloads of any CS3 content. But there is no reason why a standalone version of Photoshop should be dependent upon installation of another Adobe application. Sounds like something is scrambled here.

But, something else comes to mind. What kind of licensing is this? Where is your teacher getting activation keys for the software?

Neil
R
Ram
Sep 21, 2008
Sounds like the machine has, or has had in the past, Illustrator CS3 installed.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 21, 2008
Maybe the "Clean up script" would help.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 22, 2008
Not sure, John. If the OP has moved stuff around, that script may not be able to find it all.

Neil
MD
Mattias_Dominguez
Sep 22, 2008
" Now I have installed Flash and Illustrator, but when I try to install the Photoshop software…"

Yes, I already have Illustrator installed..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections