Please help!!! I can’t install CS4 Trial…

MN
Posted By
Melissa Newcomer
Dec 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I followed the instructions to a T and when I click on the PS symbal that says setup, it won’t do nothing. I tried it on my laptop but it won’t work on my sons computer for him to try out the software.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

By the way, I am not running a 64 bit computer so I think I am safe. My sons computer is a about 5 yrs old.

Thanks a million,

Melissa

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Dec 20, 2008
Please be more specific. What operating system exactly? what kind of user? What computer? 5 years sounds suspicious. it may indicate an older Pentium, Celeron or AMD computer, which is not qualaified for CS4…

Mylenium
MN
Melissa Newcomer
Dec 21, 2008
According to the info I found in the computer it is a Pentium 4 CPU 2.53 ghz 512 MB Ram and running Win XP Home Edition and the graphics card is an nVIDIA nView. Do you need anymore info to help me?

Thanks,
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 21, 2008
Photoshop CS4 will not work on that computer.
MN
Melissa Newcomer
Dec 21, 2008
John,

I got it to work by downloading a tool called droplet so now it all works. I know I won’t be able to use the 3D part until I get a different graphics card but this will due for the trial.

Would you mind linking a page in Adobe that tells me what my choices are for graphic cards so that I can use the 3D part of it in the future?

Many thanks!
P
Phosphor
Dec 21, 2008
Please post the link to the ‘Droplet’ tool you downloaded.

I’d like to have a look at it.
MN
Melissa Newcomer
Dec 21, 2008
I can’t find the link for the Dropletfixer tool. I looked all over the forums. Maybe you will have better luck. I still have the tool saved it you want it.

All I know is it helped me.
P
Phosphor
Dec 21, 2008
Well, FIND IT, FLANG BLAMMIT!!! 🙂 XD

Found it here:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbc8126>

Some info:
< http://labs.kaliko.com/?action=month&year=2008&month =01> (scroll to the bottom) Some discussion here:
<http://photography-forum.org/showthread.php?t=11397>

If it helped you, it may help others. I didn’t make the request and ask the questions I did for myself—I’m a Maccer and have no plans to upgrade from PS CS2 any time soon.

That said, though, the problem you stated, and the info you gave, the solution that worked for you…after reading this threads several times, I can’t help but feel that there have to be some important details that have been left out. What they are I have no clue about.

But getting from "Can’t Install a trial version" to "I fixed it by running a script"—one that, on the surface, doesn’t even seem to be meant to address the problem you were having—has left me scratching my head. The "DropletFixer.vbs" script was created before PS CS4 was even released.

But, hey…if it worked, it worked!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections