L
Posted By
leighe
Dec 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After hours of headache trying to figure out how to get past the first disappearing-installation-window hurdle, I finally got the trial installer to open, it finally runs, and at the beginning of the "Install" stage, an Installer Alert box pops up, saying "Please insert Photoshop CS3 to continue installation" Cancel or OK.

I’m running Windows XP Media Center edition. I’ve never had anything Photoshop related installed on this computer, as far as I know, except for the 10 or 12 aborted attempts to install the trial earlier today. My experience with the trial installation so far is not reassuring me that I should spend several hundred dollars on their product, if this is how they convince people to buy it…

I’ve searched but the only other reference I can find to it on is a guy who got into a flame war with his respondents.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WL
Walter_Luger
Dec 20, 2007
I have a similar problem. By trying to install the Trial Version of PS CS3 the following happens: By activating "setup" a window appears with "Adobe PS will be initialized". And after initializing PS CS3 a window appears for about half a second – "setup will be loaded" – but nothing happens.

What can I do ???? I have always installed Photoshop 7.0
L
leighe
Dec 20, 2007
There seem to be a number of issues with the disappearing setup window, but many (all?) of them go away when you run the setup program as Administrator.

In WinXP, if you right-click on the setup icon, the second option on the menu should be "Run as…" I don’t know anything about Vista.
WL
Walter_Luger
Dec 21, 2007
Yes – and then you can choose the option "save your computer from not authorized aktivity of the program" or not. I tried both options – but there is no difference – every time I have the problem of the disappearing setup window.
SN
Seethanaman_Narayanan
Mar 11, 2008
To succesfully install letย’s say Adobe Photoshop CS3 after several attempts with INSERT PHOTOSHOP CS3 message you need to run the installation AGAIN, after the INSERT PHOTOSHOP CS3 message klick cancel and WAIT for the report. When it reads that app was not able to find its original installer you MUST write down the address and copy the install files there and run from that location. If you have already installed cracked version of letย’s say Adobe Illustrator CS3 you MUST COPY original folder of Adobe Illustrator CS3 to the location from where you installed it on your machine. Than all you need to do is run the installation of Adobe Photoshop CS3 again and choose to uninstal components. Clean your registry with some app and run the instalation again now choose INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH instead of ENGLISH. Done.
P
pheonix727
Apr 22, 2008
copy the cd to your drive and install it from there, just tried it, had the same problem, no more ๐Ÿ˜‰
Z
ZackPhotoshop
Aug 6, 2008
I tried to install the trial version of Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended from DVD but I’m getting the ERROR MESSAGE which is very strange just like the first remark is up there, I’m typing them out here below:

"Please insert Photoshop CS3 to continue installation" Cancel or OK

If I click OK, nothing happens, and if I click CANCEL, the following message appears.

SUMMERY
Errors: 2 component(s):
Adobe Photoshop CS3
User cancelled payload installation

Shared Components
Component install failed

Dear Seethanaman Narayanan, please solve my problem. I tried to run it from my hard drive, then it shows me the warning as follow:

MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER
Critical errors were found in setup
– Session has dependencies that can not be satisfied
Please see the setup log files for details

I then installed the Adobe CS3 clean up agent as advised ONLINE followed by Windows Clean Up thing, but it’s just the same.

Please solve my problem.
F
Freeagent
Aug 6, 2008
The clean script has 4 levels – maybe you didn’t go high enough?

Shared Components
Component install failed

That makes me suspect Flash player or – if you have other Adobe products already installed – corrupt .icc profiles on your system. Both can be removed manually. icc profiles are in Program Files > Common Files > Adobe > Color – but duplicates are also inserted into Windows > System32 > spool > drivers > color. Remove only the duplicates! They will be reinstalled.
F
Freeagent
Aug 6, 2008
On second thought – don’t "remove", just rename or temporarily move to another location. If the new install works out you won’t need them anymore, but if not you may.
Z
ZackPhotoshop
Aug 7, 2008
I installed Photoshop CS3 Extended trial three weeks back and there were no errors or anything, I afterwards had a virus attack on my System32 folder and I had to format.
I reinstalled Windows XP Pro with Service Pack2 with all the updates, and this time I couldn’t install and started getting all the error messages, this is really so strange.

I again attempted and removed the partition of my hard drive and repartitioned and installed fresh windows with updates, but this time I tried to install from HARD DRIVE, and got the ERROR MESSAGE as fllow:

I then installed the Adobe CS3 clean up agent as advised ONLINE followed by Windows Clean Up thing, but it’s just the same.

I then tried to install from DVD directly and the ERROR MESSAGE is different this time, as follow: "Please insert Photoshop CS3 to continue installation" Cancel or OK

If I click OK, nothing happens, and if I click CANCEL, the following message appears.

SUMMERY
Adobe Photoshop CS3

Shared Components
Component install failed

I tried everything, I tried to install in a freshly installed windows without installing any programs, the very first attempt I did for PHOTOSHOP CS3 EXTENDED from the Hard Drive, I got the SESSION HAS DEPENDENCIES message, I tried this process thrice and I got the same thing back thrice even after I ran the Clean Up agent.
Strange is, in a just freshly installed windows, it’s just impossible for other Adobe products installed, so, how is this possible?

It’s really very much challenging, but I’m still looking forward to solve it but it’s not working, I need more help.
F
Freeagent
Aug 7, 2008
I installed Photoshop CS3 Extended trial three weeks back and there were no errors or anything, I afterwards had a virus attack on my System32 folder and I had to format.

It’s hard to avoid the thought that there is a connection here, and maybe the virus got to the boot sector (which I think is not fully wiped by a reformat).

I’d buy a new HD.
N
nospam
Aug 7, 2008
wrote in message
I installed Photoshop CS3 Extended trial three weeks back and there were no errors or anything, I afterwards had a virus attack on
my System32 folder and I had to format.
I reinstalled Windows XP Pro with Service Pack2 with all the updates, and this time I couldn’t install and started getting all the
error messages, this is really so strange.
I again attempted and removed the partition of my hard drive and repartitioned and installed fresh windows with updates, but this
time I tried to install from HARD DRIVE, and got the ERROR MESSAGE as fllow:

I then tried to install from DVD directly and the ERROR MESSAGE is different this time, as follow: "Please insert Photoshop CS3 to continue installation" Cancel or OK
SUMMERY
Adobe Photoshop CS3

Shared Components
Component install failed

I tried everything, I tried to install in a freshly installed windows without installing any programs, the very first attempt I
did for PHOTOSHOP CS3 EXTENDED from the Hard Drive, I got the SESSION HAS DEPENDENCIES message, I tried this process thrice and I
got the same thing back thrice even after I ran the Clean Up agent.
Strange is, in a just freshly installed windows, it’s just impossible for other Adobe products installed, so, how is this
possible?
It’s really very much challenging, but I’m still looking forward to solve it but it’s not working, I need more help.

Find a utility that can write zeroes to the first few hundred physical sectors of your boot drive. This will remove any boot sector virus, or <cough>disk signatures written by application software<cough>.

Windows setup does not zero out reserved areas of a drive, which is where this particular signature is located. After you’ve wiped the drive, then repartition/reformat/reinstall.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 7, 2008
a low level format of the hard drive should do it. (regular format won’t work on some virii).
F
Freeagent
Aug 7, 2008
low level format

This is where I need a little education on the terminology. What’s low level as opposed to regular?

BTW I love virii. Since it’s a latin word that is the correct spelling, but how often do you see it –
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 7, 2008
What’s low level as opposed to regular?

it’s a utility that completely reformats a drive to get it ready for a normal (windows, osx, linux etc) format. usually the utility to do the low level format either comes with or is a free download from the drives manufacturer.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_formatting>

nice find. links to many big name drive maker llf utils: <http://www.ariolic.com/activesmart/low-level-format.html>

but how often do you see it –

if you work on people’s computers who don’t know a lot about virii, you see it… a lot! ๐Ÿ˜‰
F
Freeagent
Aug 7, 2008
OK, got it, thanks dave
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 7, 2008
np. learn something new every day! ๐Ÿ™‚
Z
ZackPhotoshop
Aug 7, 2008
Dear dave milbut and Freeagent,
Thanks for your ideas.

I accept the idea about LOW LEVEL FORMAT, it’s nothing but fill with zeros instead of deleting the first addresses in hard drive, I can imagine now long it takes for that, every disk manager has tool for it so there should be no problem at all, and still there are a lot of tools available online, one of them is HIREN’S BOOT CD, I suggest it as the best companion of anybody who loves computer hardware and software works with efficiency.

Well, let me ask you one more thing.
I have two different HARD DRIVES, 80GB PATA and 250GB SATA, I assembled my computer purposely this way.
The Photoshop CS3 Extended is stored in 250GB SATA and and I was first trying to install it from there as I did previously and it was really great.
Next time after the virus attack at my 80GB PATA, I deleted the partitions (C and D) and re partitioned again and reinstalled windows and copied the Photoshop CS3 folder from SATA to PATA on desktop. Tried to install it from there, but the same problem as usual, I get the ERROR MESSAGE- "Critical errors were found in setup
-Setup has dependencies that can not be satisfied
Please see the setup log files for details" dialog box in a Microsoft Internet Explorer Window.

The same message I got when I tried to install it at 250GB SATA too, damn, how is it ever possible, I now suspect my hard drive and planning to COMPLETELY FORMAT THEM AND FILL WITH ZEROS, I hope this should solve (I hope so).
I guess it’s the real pain in the ass now, I wonder to find out time for this.

I even sent a personal and detailed e-mail to AMITOJ SINGH and I sent a screen shot there, and along with that I zipped the ADOBE folder that contains all the information situated under Program Files\Common Files\
I’m very sad I got the failure message as I checked tonight, as it might not have reached him, but it is him who always talked about looking at this very ADOBE log file, there is no option here to post the screen shots or any zip files, I’d have done that instead.

I’m still stuck in this simple but complex problem.
Z
ZackPhotoshop
Aug 7, 2008
I later on burned the Photoshop CS3 folder in a DVD and tried to install it from there, and the new error message appears "Please insert Photoshop CS3 to continue installation"

So, there are two problems to install this program.

Virii I guess is the plural form of virus, as being single one it’s Virus.

I need help.
B
Buko
Aug 8, 2008
just for the record the new cleanscript only has 2 levels

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections