JS
Posted By
J_Seque
Dec 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I go to install a CS3 trial that came with my new tablet, it tells me: ‘You can only install one Adobe product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe setup’

The only other adobeproducts currently on the computer are flash player and reader. There was Adobe PSE 6 up untill two days ago, but that was cleanly uninstalled.

What do i do to install it? Help is appreciated!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DE
Dave_Evanson
Dec 20, 2008
There is not much point installing the CS3 trial as you would find it very difficult to get a legal copy of CS3 when the trial expires anyway. Why not try the CS4 trial.
M
Mylenium
Dec 20, 2008
but that was cleanly uninstalled.

Not necessarily. If you didn’t have sufficient user privileges, it may never have correctly finished uninstalling. The same would be true for other programs that you may have attempted to install recently. anyway, your problem can be solved: Check your task manager, kill all instances of msiexec.exe before trying to install the CS4 trial.

Mylenium
JS
J_Seque
Dec 20, 2008
Ok, Dave Evanson: I am going to install the trial simply becuase it came with my tablet. I am trying it out before I buy this copy of CS3 my dads work friend bought but didn’t use. I dont have any need for the ‘updated’ CS4.

Mylenium: There was no msiexec.exe anywhere. So I have no idea why it is doing that. As for user privilages, if you mean users on the copmuter, we are the only one, and I think its the ‘administrator’ one (at least, thats what the guy in the pc shop said).
MO
Minerva_Osborne
Dec 23, 2008
My computer crashed when it was downloading an update for windowsxp and when I recovered files the adobe photo master 3 said I had to register which I did, I got an unlock key but it will not unlock the system I have tried everything. Can someone help.
Minerva Osborne
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 23, 2008
not sure but i think unlock keys can only be used once minerva. you’ll probably have to call customer service.
MO
Minerva_Osborne
Dec 23, 2008
Thanks dave for the information, unfortunately I have been unable to find a telephone number for Adobe. If any one has the number would appreciate it.
Thanks
Minerva
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 23, 2008
unfortunately I have been unable to find a telephone number for Adobe.

🙂 hard to spot, but there’s a "contact us" link at the bottom of every page here! 🙂

<http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html>
JT
John_T_Smith
Dec 23, 2008
In the US – Adobe General support 800-833-6687
In the US – Adobe Install Problems 800-642-3623
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 23, 2008
give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you forever… 🙂 or something like that! 😉
B
Buko
Dec 23, 2008
Also no support for trial versions.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 23, 2008
Also no support for trial versions.

that was the original poster. we were answering another question…
MO
Minerva_Osborne
Dec 24, 2008
Thanks John, I will try the numbers.
MInerva

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections