GM
Posted By
Greg_Mcw
Nov 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. I’ve downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CS4 Extended.

When I click the setup.exe it starts running and works until it reaches the loading setup menu.

Then a error pops up.

The title of the message box is "Windows Internet Explorer" and the message is "Critical errors were found in setup." And it also said to look in the setup log.

The log file contained this message " FATAL
Critical errors were found in setup
TypeError:’undefined’ is null or not an object"

I’m using XP (SP3) and my computer is well above the minimum requirements.

Does anyone know why this is occurring?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Nov 17, 2008
What other software is on your system? What version of Internet Explorer? The error you describe sounds like you never bothered to update IE and thus the proper mechanisms for running and displaying the install screens are not in place. If automatic update does not offer the respective options, I recommend downloading the standalone installer for IE7 (or even the IE8 Beta) as well as double-checking whether your .NET runtime 1.1 is also in place. The latter should only be required on Vista, but even on XP it has the positive sideeffect of fixing a few broken DLL connections/ assignments, so it may be just what you need.

Mylenium

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections