D
Posted By
Danh
Aug 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since upgrading to LR2 – if the app is left open my MacPro will not sleep. It seems that LR is doing something in the background which is keeping the processor/disk busy so the timer never kicks in. Even if I force the system to sleep I can walk up and move the mouse and the screen opens again.

Before the upgrade this was not a problem, so I’m wondering if Adobe can comment on background processes in the new version that would cause this behavior. I really dont want to shut down and re-open all the time. I have solid backups so I’m not concerned about this.

My typical session is in Catalog view with Grid thumbnail previews on the right.

Note also I upgraded to Leopard months ago and the previous verion of LR was fine also – only since LR2 has this been happening.

Comments/feedback please.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Aug 15, 2008
This is the Photoshop Forum you just might get some feedback in the Lightroom forum if this is a known issue.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 15, 2008
Danh,

so I’m wondering if Adobe can comment on background processes

In addition, please note that for the most part, Adobe personnel do not participate in these forums. We’re largely your peers — fellow users of these Adobe products.

But, yes, the Lightroom forum would be your best bet for responses.

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections