AP
Posted By
Alain_P._Chaperon
Feb 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I launch Photoshop CS2 on my intel Mac mini and, without warning, my mac connects to a G4 tower on the network… every single time. Close the app, "eject" the G4, relaunch the app and BOOM there he is again in my Finder’s sidebar.
First things first – the app is installed on my hardware. And there is no trace of any CS2-anything on the G4. In fact, my mac is the only machine with CS2 apps.
This has only happened in the last week or two. Even with this unwarranted event, no issues have cropped up. No change in performance.
I can continue working as normal, but I can do without other macs popping up on my desktop.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanx…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Feb 8, 2007
Anyone else experienced this?

Only if you told photoshop to connect to another Mac.
AP
Alain_P._Chaperon
Feb 9, 2007
I don’t know how to tell Photoshop to connect to another mac, except when opening a document from that mac via the "Open…" dialogue box.

The connection happens during the app’s start up. I did a quick QuickTime snippet of the experience (396Kb). When you watch the movie you’ll see the Photoshop’s start-up window disappear for a second and reappear when the other mac – named "Paul" – pops in the Finder window behind Photoshop’s.

< http://www.bortq.com/troubleshoot/photoshopScreen_autoG4moun t.mov>
B
Buko
Feb 9, 2007
Could be you are using fonts from another machine or plugins maybe?

Has anyone been using your machine?
R
Ram
Feb 9, 2007
Someone set Photoshop’s scratch disk on that other computer?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 9, 2007
What happens if Sharing is turned off or if that other Mac is physically disconnected from the network?

I seem to remember this being an issue with earlier versions. Photoshop looks for most recent Save or Open locations. The "cure" was to ignore it and it eventually stops doing that as you open and save to other locations.

You should never save or open across a network.
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Feb 9, 2007
I seem to remember this being an issue with earlier versions. Photoshop looks for most recent Save or Open locations. The "cure" was to ignore it and it eventually stops doing that as you open and save to other locations.

Clearing "Recent Items" from the Apple Menu and flushing cache files might weed out some of the sharing gremlins Ed is speaking of.
P
PShock
Feb 12, 2007
The other drive seems to mount while the plugins are loading. Do you have "additional plugins" set to the other machine?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections