KR
Posted By
Kelvin_Ritchie
Jul 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I load some jpeg photos from my digital camera I use the Open command to browse the photo directories. I have the directory in column mode. Why is it that when I click on the small thumbnail of the file to select it that I don’t see the larger preview thumbnail in the next column window pane? It works on all the Mac applications like iPhoto and Appleworks and in the Finder windows. If I open a file and save it from PSE then the next time I use Open the dialog shows a large thumbnail preview. All the photos in the PSE Browser display thumbnails but why not in the open dialog box?

I’m using 10.3.4 on an iBook G4, 1.2ghz, 768ram.

Thanks for any advice.

Kelvin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 30, 2004
Kelvin,

Go under Preferences / Saving files… And check if the thumbnail saving options are enabled.

Ray
KR
Kelvin_Ritchie
Aug 3, 2004
Yes, the thumbnail savings options is set. I took some more photos and created a new folder. It appears that PSE cannot display a preview thumbnail in the Open dialog for any jpeg that was created by my new Canon S1 IS. I have the camera set to the highest resolution and the least compression setting. Again, the Browse feature displays the thumbnails but why not the open. I have photos from a Canon A40 and PSE displays those phtos thumbnails. However, all these photos are displayed with thumbnails in the Finder windows and other applications Open dialogs.

Kelvin
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Aug 3, 2004
Same here Kelvin and I don’t have a Canon S1. I believe that it’s just a PSE/OS X incompatibility issue and not specific to your camera. Version 2 of PSE came out quite a long time ago, just about the time Jaguar was released so it’s no wonder everything doesn’t work exactly as it should, IMO. Hopefully, version 3 will address this and other issues.

Joe

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections