Using Photoshop Elements as the default for all photo downloads etc.

BK
Posted By
Bob_Koch
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In addition to Photoshop Elements, I have several other photo programs on my computer, including Adobe Deluxe Home and Business Editions, Camedia (from HP), Nikon View from my Nikon digital camera, and a couple of others. Right now whenever I download a photo from the internet and open it up, it does so in one of the "Deluxe" programs. I would like to dump them both and have "Elements" set up as the default for all photos.

How do I do that?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jhjl1
Feb 3, 2004
In Elements go to Edit>File Association and check all file types you want Elements to open. To "dump" the other programs go to the Start Button>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and uninstall them from there.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
In addition to Photoshop Elements, I have several other photo programs
on my computer, including Adobe Deluxe Home and Business Editions, Camedia (from HP), Nikon View from my Nikon digital camera, and a couple of others. Right now whenever I download a photo from the internet and open it up, it does so in one of the "Deluxe" programs. I would like to dump them both and have "Elements" set up as the default for all photos.
How do I do that?
RW
Ralph_Ward
Feb 3, 2004
but, if you still want those old programs…..?
DIATRIBE/RANT
IHATE CAMEDIA
MT
Myron Thorner
Feb 3, 2004
You can also select what you want to use at any time by pressing SHIFT, and the right mouse button. From there you can select "open with". You can select another program, and select if it will become the default for that extension (.jpg, .tif, etc…). Now with XP, it lets you choose from the most common ones you’ve used, just by right-clicking the icon..
BK
Bob_Koch
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks for the help. Much easier than I expected. I see no reason to not to check all of those listed. At this point, I’m not sure why I would want to keep the old programs, however I guess it is best to work with my scanners and cameras to be sure there are no problems with "Elements" then get rid of them.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections