JR
Posted By
John_R._Collins
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use filter/texture/texturizer, there are 4 choices given when the window opens, plus the "load texture" option.
I have some questions about this list:
1) Where in the PE2 files structure is this list hidden?
2) Where should I place imported textures for the "load texture" option? (I suspect it doesn’t matter.)
3) What file type should they be: jpg?, psd? etc
4) Is there any way to have my imported textures appear in the dropdown list?

Thanks,

John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 15, 2004
John, I never moved mine. They are located in Elements<Presets<textures. I’m fairly certain you can store your textures whereever you want since you have to navigate to the folder thru a preset manager. Looks like these are PSD but don’t see why they couldn’t be a jpg or tiff. The drop down list you could probably do but the big But since it is navigating to a folder it wouldn’t do you any good as far as I can tell. I am by no means an authority on this. Someone may come along with more experience using the texturizer and debunk anything incorrect I have said about this. Maybe I’ll at least get you heading in the right direction.

Terri
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 16, 2004
Terri, you’re right on the texture folder.

As far as having them listed on the drop list box, I don’t believe this is possible, but surely someone could prove me wrong.

The textures files need to be in PSD (Photoshop Format) and preferably in black and white.

Ray
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 18, 2004
Raymond, Thanks for the added statement. Just learned something new in your post. re: texture files should be preferably in b & w. Is this so that the texture is sharper?

Terri
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 18, 2004
Terri,

I think it has to do with contrast, but I’m no expert at this. Probably someone can explain it better. But, it will work with coloured images as well.

Ray

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections