N
Posted By
nathanlsmith83
Feb 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve seen some posts about turning off the Photo Downloader but they’re all on older version of PSE. I just got PSE 6 for Christmas and since installing it, the Photo Downloader opens on start-up.Is there anyone familiar enough with PSE 6 that can tell me how to turn it off? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Feb 14, 2008
In the organizer, go to –
Edit – Preferences – Camera or Card Reader
and uncheck –
"Auto Launch Adobe Photo Downloader on Device Connect"

Jen

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:50:27 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I’ve seen some posts about turning off the Photo Downloader but they’re all on older version of PSE. I just got PSE 6 for Christmas and since installing it, the Photo Downloader opens on start-up.Is there anyone familiar enough with PSE 6 that can tell me how to turn it off? Thanks.
A
ALM
Feb 16, 2008
Assuming you are on PC rather than a Mac, and that you are on XP, do Start -> Run and enter msconfig in the window, and press enter. An msconfig screen will appear on your screen. Click on the Startup tab, and scroll down until you see an entry for Adobe Photo Downloader. Uncheck the box to the left, and click Aplly to make the change. You’ll then have to re-boot, and the Photo Downloader will no longer start up when you boot your machine. If you ever change your mind just recheck the box.

wrote in message

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections