J
Posted By
JudyP
Jun 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to download PS brushes to PSE 1.0 and get them to work? I have tried two different ones, one I know was PS7 because I was told that would work. They didn’t, the window came up that they were incompatible "with this version of Photoshop". They were both .abr

I am "this close" to buying PSE2.0 because of this, Walmart has it for $58. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know if the only way I can get PS brushes to work is in PSE 2. That would make the purchase worth it.

Hope this question isn’t repetitive, I made an effort to read the FAQ’s and features questions to try to find something about brushes.

And a little rant: why can’t Adobe make 2.0 an upgrade rather than starting all over??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 16, 2004
Brushes designed with PS6 will function with PSE1
Brushes designed with PS7 will function with PSE2.

PSE1 shares the same brush engine as PS6,
PSE2 shared the same brush engine as PS7.

Ray
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 16, 2004
….and brushes made in CS will not work in either version.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 16, 2004
…and brushes made in CS will not work in either version.
I didn’t know that… ?!?! Gotta start playing with CS more now…

Thanks Terri!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 16, 2004
PE3 BRUSHES=CS BRUSHES ??????? Probably
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 16, 2004
PE3 ????????????????????????????????????????????
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 16, 2004
Ray, Jodi’s just dreaming again….

🙂

Chuck

p.s. Got my CS box in the mail. Now trying to decide whether I need a computer upgrade to handle it…
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 17, 2004
On 16/06/04 19:53, in article
"" wrote:

Ray, Jodi’s just dreaming again….

Chuck, I knew this… I wanted to tell her like "What, do you really think such a product will exist one day?"…

BTW, just found this on Amazon…

http://tinyurl.com/22p37

November… would make a nice xmas gift for Jodi… 😉

As for the new PC, I can’t tell… I got CS when I got my PowerMac dual pro G5… So, for me, PS CS is faster than PS7 was 😉

Ray
SS
Susan_S.
Jun 17, 2004
CS is running about the same as PE2 on my elderly Mac, except for a couple of filters and for 16 bit, which is a bit slower than 8 as one might expect. Make sure you get all the updates from the website – there are a couple of plugins (which may be relevant) and a new version of Camera RAW
Susan S
J
JudyP
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks so much! I’m off to try some PS6 brushes! Maybe I’ll keep good old 1.0 a little longer…
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks Ray. Go ahead and order that for me. 🙂 …he certainly isn’t wast’n any time 😉

Thanks Chuck 🙂 …yup, that’s me, always the dreamer…got to run…tootaloo !

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections