C
Posted By
chas3stix
Aug 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you go about setting up Photoshop Elements as the default image editor? I’m using Internet Explorer with Windows 98.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PL
Paul L UK
Aug 14, 2003
Beth

That should do it.

In XP, there is a viewer utility which is way better for just looking at pictures than Elements built in, called Windows Picture & Fax viewer. It doeasn’t take up much memory and you can flick throught photos with the arrow keys. I’m sure there must be something simimlar in mac-world.

If you change the default program for picture files to Elements, every time you want to look at a picture, Elements will open. It’s good, but it isn’t a very good viewing utility, it’s an editor.

Best idea is to get a free viewer utility to view, and open pictures from within Elements to edit.

That’s the way I do it, and I try not to do things the hard way.

Paul
AH
Anton Haakman
Aug 14, 2003
Paul, I have Win XP, but I cannot find a Picture and Fax viewer. Do you mean PictureIt?
J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 14, 2003
Anton,

Right click on your file and choose >open with.. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer should be one of the options.

Juergen
PD
Pete D
Aug 14, 2003
Anton <<<<I have Win XP, but I cannot find a Picture and Fax viewer. Do you mean PictureIt?>>>>

I have XP also and cannot locate the program by looking at "Start/All Programs", but it is there. Select a picture and right click then "open with" and from the bottom of the list click "choose program", the next screen will have "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" on the list. Just click on it.

Pete
B
BobHill
Aug 14, 2003
Try finding any image of the format you wish (JPG), click select it, then RIGHT click same file, Open With, Choose Program, then from the list of your installed programs, click choose the one you wish to be the "sole" program associated with it (will automatically open file with that extension in and view). You can open any viewing/editing program (including WORD) and then open the file in it without a problem. Association never stops that.

Bob
B
BobHill
Aug 14, 2003
Thanks, Pete.

I did indeed spend more time than expected in Maine. As I left remaining lobsters were wipping their brows, as I had consumed a number (great number) of their brethern. Hard to get back into the saddle, but here I be.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Aug 14, 2003
Yes, Bob, nice to see you back! Are you all recovered now?
NS
Nancy S
Aug 14, 2003
Hi Bob!

With the help of Rich C. we have been holding down the fort, but we missed you, glad you’re back.

Nancy
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 14, 2003
I’m especially glad you’re back. ;o)

The regulars really handle most of the questions themselves, just jump in when I’m needed.

Rich
B
BobHill
Aug 15, 2003
Actually, I’m glad to be back. It wasn’t an all fun trip, actually, but the lobster was great (my favorite food).

Great group of people here (huh, Rich)<g>.

Bob
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 15, 2003
you bet Bob!!!

btw did you save me some crustaceans?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections