LJ
Posted By
Larry_J._Walker
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am beginning to enjoy PSE 3.0 and the potentials therein, but I would prefer that the software did not take over and place it’s self first, every time I click to open a file that has images or photos. My Windows Picture and Fax Viewer does just fine for routine "looking at things". If I simply want to VIEW a file that has images or photos, I see no need to invoke PSE. Can I alter the settings, preferences, or something so that PSE will sit in it’s seat until called upon instead of jumping up to offer an answer, even if there wasn’t a question? I have files that I just need to refer to for a moment’s glance. If I forget to click "Open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", I have to wait for PSE to load, then I have to close PSE and go to the Win. P&F Viewer. Can I change something so Windows Picture and Fax Viewer will once again be the default program for viewing images and photos? I am running Windows XP. Larry J. Walker

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
narya
May 15, 2005
Larry, have a look at the "Edit > File Associations" menu. There you can tell PSE, which file extensions to open.

Alexander.

Canon Ixus 430 (aka S410) | x86 with XP Pro | PSE v3.0.1 with 3k images | 12" Powerbook soon 🙂
CF
Callum_Ferguson
May 15, 2005
Larry,
Right click a pic, . open with > chose program > in your case select Win Pic and Fax viewer then tick the box " always use -etc" and OK,
you will have to do this for each type of file format ie JPG TIFF -whatever – then each pic will open in the above.
Regards
Malcolm
LJ
Larry_J._Walker
May 16, 2005
To Alexander and Malcolm: Thank you both for your response. The method Alexander cited worked perfectly. I even returned to the edit menu and reversed my choices, just to be sure it had worked. Finally, I reset the selections to exclude PSE from opening, by default, the file types that I use for routine activities other than photos. Malcolm, when I attempted to use your method, the box, "always use", would never allow me to select [tick mark] it. That box just remained dim on my screen and would never accept my tick. I don’t comprehend a lot of things about my computer. I am just grateful to all the "Whiz Kids" [ I mean that to be most respectful] participating in this forum to offer help to us who need help. Thank you one and all. Larry J. Walker
G
guybc
May 18, 2005
Almost on the same topic- PSE 3 now leaps in and pre-empts the kodak easyshare download from my DX3900 camera. This seems to disable the kodak download, even if I close the PSE window. Is there any way I can disable this feature of PSE without harming the rest of the programme?
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 18, 2005
Guybc,
Open the Organizer, then go to Edit>Preferences>Camera or Card reader and uncheck "Use Adobe Photo Downloader…"
That should do it.
Ken

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections