MS
Posted By
Michael_Simonov
Nov 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have photo shop business edition that my daughter still uses and I recently installed PE elements 2.0. Right now business edition seems to be the default that opens misc photos. I don’t want to uninstall business edition, is their any way to make PS Elements the default that for example would open instead of business edition if I am in flash and need to edit a photo. Thank you

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 8, 2003
What operating system are you using?
MS
Michael_Simonov
Nov 8, 2003
I’m using windows 98se.
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 8, 2003
Try this out of Elements: Edit>File Association, and select the image formats you want PSE to open by default.

Or, I think you can right click on the icon of an image and go to Open With. PSE should appear in the list, or, if not, look toward the bottom for something that says "more options."

I use a Mac, so I don’t guarentee either of these, but they’re close.

If you choose the right click method, I think you have to do that for each of the file formats. In other words, if you choose a PSD image and change the file association, all of the PSDs will open automatically with PSE, but the JPEGs will continue to open in other software unless you do the same thing with them.

I hope. 🙂 I speak just enough Windows to be dangerous sometimes.
N
nytrashman7618
Nov 8, 2003
Beth,
I didn’t know you spoke windows. even though I have 2 pc’s in the house (win 98SE for my wife & win xp for my daughter) I get nervous just walking past them let alone actually using them.
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 8, 2003
Yes, George, I actually speak a lot more Windows than I’d care to – both Win 98 and XP Pro. It’s sad, huh? 🙂 I’m chief tech support around here for all four of the computers and the network and the software. I keep the service and repairs up to date on the cars, too. What does that say?!
MB
margaret_brock
Nov 9, 2003
Beth, put down your tools and back away from them before you ruin it for all of us 🙂

Just kidding,
Margaret

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections