HG
Posted By
Howard_Greene
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I delete the two preference files, Photoshop Elements 3 will allow me to process multiple open images the first time I try it. Once the first batch of images has been processed, if I open more images for processing with the same preferences (size, resolution, etc), starting the process freezes my Windows XP so hard I have to turn off power to my computer.

Multiple image processing worked fine for the past six months, until today. I’ve not installed any new software. I’ve tried reinstalling PE3 and shutting down all services at startup. No difference.

I’m wondering if there is a registry problem. Not being an expert, I hesitate to mess with it…

Help!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
If I delete the two preference files

Which 2 files? The usual way to deal with resetting prefs in Editor is the CTRL/ALT/SHIFT keystroke. Theother is renaming/deleting the "3.0" folder.

How many images are you opening simultaneously?
HG
Howard_Greene
May 22, 2005
See task #4 at <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328573.html>. The two files are "psa.prf" and "Photoshop Elements 3.0 Prefs.psp" When I delete these and start PE3, the Process Multiple Images window has returned to default (no entries). I then enter the parameters I want, and the images are converted and saved correctly. If I then bring more images into PE3 and try to "batch process" again, my computer freezes.

I’ve been processing from 1 to 25 images at a time. To get my project done, I’ve reverted back to PE2, which is still on my computer. It works fine.
CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
Try resetting global prefs:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections