HW
Posted By
Heather_Wylie
Nov 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have tried to install Photoshop 5.5 on my computer. I just got finished wiping everything off my computer and installing Windows 2000 and that’s the message I get. Or I have also gotten "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006) Click ok to terminate the application." Does this mean somehow the file got bad? I did have it installed on my Windows 98 OS. What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance for you help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 2, 2003
Go to google and type in Windows sop error then your number.

You can also go here for MS information:
< http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/T echNet/prodtechnol/windows2000pro/proddocs/progs/pgsappb.asp>
HW
Heather_Wylie
Nov 2, 2003
my number? the number from the error message?
HD
hot_denim
Nov 2, 2003
In general file is bad. Replace/Re-install
HW
Heather_Wylie
Nov 2, 2003
I can’t replace the file…. its a set up file to install the program… Its a program file on the installation cd
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 2, 2003
Yes, the number from the stop message.

Open your W2K manual. It has discriptions and explanations of stop error messages.
HD
hot_denim
Nov 4, 2003
Try coping all relavent parts of the CD to hard drive. Is there errors on the copy attempt ?.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 4, 2003
is it an original adobe cd? my guess is you’ve some damage to the disk.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections