IE
Posted By
Irene Elliott
Apr 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good grief, I had thought I had done due dilliagence.
I now have Photoshop V 7.01
I have files done in Photoshop V 6.?? and saved the finals to CD. Now I am unable to open them.
What gives.
I will also ask this question on the Adobe site.
If I have to I will redo the image from scratch for I took copious notes, especially since it was a paying (and very well I might ad) job. Yours
Tom
PS: respond on this group or remove the XOXO from the e-mail:

thanks guys and gals for any and all help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Apr 4, 2005
Tom Ellliott wrote:
Good grief, I had thought I had done due dilliagence.
I have files done in Photoshop V 6.?? and saved the finals to CD. Now I am unable to open them.
What gives.
I will also ask this question on the Adobe site.
If I have to I will redo the image from scratch for I took copious notes, especially since it was a paying (and very well I might ad) job. Yours
Tom
PS: respond on this group or remove the XOXO from the e-mail:
thanks guys and gals for any and all help.
More info? Do they have the correct extension? Are you opening from the CD or local? Always test files burned onto disk after burning and before trashing from HD.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
T
Tacit
Apr 4, 2005
In article <UqZ3e.19083$>,
"Tom Ellliott" wrote:

What gives.

Most likely, the CD did not burn correctly; did you let your CD recording software verify the CD?

Photoshop 7 can read Photoshop 6 files (and vice versa); the message "Not a Valid Photoshop File" usually indicates that the file on disk is corrupt.

There’s one other possibility, and that is the file name does not match the file type (for example, if you take a TIFF and name it "somefile.psd" you’ll see this message). If you’re absolutely sure that the filename’s extension is correct, the file is quite likely damaged–sorry!

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
B
Brian
Apr 4, 2005
tacit wrote:
"Tom Ellliott" wrote:

What gives.

Most likely, the CD did not burn correctly; did you let your CD recording software verify the CD?

Photoshop 7 can read Photoshop 6 files (and vice versa); the message "Not a Valid Photoshop File" usually indicates that the file on disk is corrupt.

There’s one other possibility, and that is the file name does not match the file type (for example, if you take a TIFF and name it "somefile.psd" you’ll see this message). If you’re absolutely sure that the filename’s extension is correct, the file is quite likely damaged–sorry!
Just adding to what Tacit stated, "if" the file has been named with an incorrect file extension, you can rename it with the correct extension and it will work.

Brian.
IE
Irene Elliott
Apr 4, 2005
Well, it sounds like all the files, across two cds (first and last time for just saving across cds) are corrupt in some way. I moved the files to the hard drive and tried opening by renaming the extension after this problem showed up.
Thank goodness I took copious hand written notes and stored in the job envelope. It seems as if I will just have to go back to the photocd and do it over …. 🙁
Thanks for the input.
Yours,
Tom
"Brian" wrote in message
tacit wrote:
"Tom Ellliott" wrote:

What gives.

Just adding to what Tacit stated, "if" the file has been named with an incorrect file extension, you can rename it with the correct extension and it will work.

Brian.
B
Brian
Apr 4, 2005
Tom Ellliott wrote:
Well, it sounds like all the files, across two cds (first and last time for just saving across cds) are corrupt in some way. I moved the files to the hard drive and tried opening by renaming the extension after this problem showed up.
Thank goodness I took copious hand written notes and stored in the job envelope. It seems as if I will just have to go back to the photocd and do it over …. 🙁
Thanks for the input.
Yours,
Tom

Hi Tom, two quick things. Do you see thumbnails of the images you are trying to open (in your browser)? Can you send me one of the images and I will see if I can open it? If you want to do that, just let me know so I can give you my correct e-mail address.

Brian.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections