Remove imbedded RAW file from DNG files?

JB
Posted By
just bob
Apr 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I converted about 2000 RAW files to DNG I accidently enabled the option to embed the original RAW file and so I would like to somehow remove the imbedded file, the goal being to reduce the file by about 50%.

Can you suggest a batch/script method to do so?

Thanks,
-Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JB
just bob
Apr 23, 2008
The answer is to run the DNG converter on the DNG files a second time but remove the option to embed the files.

"just bob" wrote in message
When I converted about 2000 RAW files to DNG I accidently enabled the option to embed the original RAW file and so I would like to somehow remove the imbedded file, the goal being to reduce the file by about 50%.

Thanks,
-Bob
BS
Bob Shomler
Apr 27, 2008
just bob wrote:

Thanks,
-Bob

Open the DNG converter and click on the Extract button at bottom of dialog box, which will bring up an Extract Originals dialog box. Make folder selections and click on the Extract button there.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections