JS
Posted By
john_s_geraghty
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi i recently installed photoshop 7 on a win 98 machine now it opens by default default for all images. I want it to not be the default for ..tiff and .png. Can anyone tell me how to do this. i want it to open instead with the win98 default image package. My text in png files looks all funny. Why is this?

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jaSPAMc
Nov 19, 2003
On 19 Nov 2003 06:56:32 -0800, (John)
found these unused words floating about:

Hi i recently installed photoshop 7 on a win 98 machine now it opens by default default for all images. I want it to not be the default for .tiff and .png. Can anyone tell me how to do this. i want it to open instead with the win98 default image package. My text in png files looks all funny. Why is this?

John

It does this because you failed to uncheck the associations when you installed PS.

Windows Explorer => View => Folder Options => File Types

Change each association to the program you wish to open.

OR

Open your viewer and see if there’s an "associate" menu or selection.
C
Clive
Nov 20, 2003
Depending on which operating system you are using if you open windows explorer then highlight one of the images you don’t want to open in Photoshop, then right click. If the dialogue box that comes up shows "open with" click on "Choose" then select the program that yoou want to open these images. If the dialogue box that comes up does not show open with go back to windows exlporer select the file as before but hold the shift key down before right clicking with your mouse the click on on "Choose" then select the program that yoou want to open these images.

I forget which version of windows the "Open With" became standard, but if you try the above it should work without problems.

Regards

Clive

"John" wrote in message
Hi i recently installed photoshop 7 on a win 98 machine now it opens by default default for all images. I want it to not be the default for .tiff and .png. Can anyone tell me how to do this. i want it to open instead with the win98 default image package. My text in png files looks all funny. Why is this?

John
V
Voivod
Nov 20, 2003
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:48:08 -0000, "Clive"
scribbled:

Depending on which operating system you are using if you open windows explorer then highlight one of the images you don’t want to open in Photoshop, then right click. If the dialogue box that comes up shows "open with" click on "Choose" then select the program that yoou want to open these images. If the dialogue box that comes up does not show open with go back to windows exlporer select the file as before but hold the shift key down before right clicking with your mouse the click on on "Choose" then select the program that yoou want to open these images.

I forget which version of windows the "Open With" became standard, but if you try the above it should work without problems.

In 9x it’s Shift + right click. It’s always been there.

"John" wrote in message

John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections