BL
Posted By
Bob_Lund
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Y’all – How can I open an image in "Fit on Screen" mode, meaning centered on the screen in "Fit on Screen" mode in stead of upper left corner in it’s boundry box? I’m trying to cut down on steps – Thanks, Bob

CS, PCXP

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
May 29, 2005
Just hit F after the image has loaded.

<sarcasm> Can’t be sure, but I think it takes about 0.02 of a second. </sarcasm>

Chris <wry_grin>
P
Phosphor
May 29, 2005
Bob…

Is the image opening underneath your palettes?

If so, grab your palettes, and while holding the SHIFT key, move them a small distance away from their present location, then back, and you should see them "Snap" into place at the side of your monitor. When you do this, it tells Photoshop that the Palettes are now where they should be in relation to your present monitor space and the image window should now respect their presence and NOT open with any part of the image underneath any of the palettes.
BL
Bob_Lund
May 29, 2005
Chris & Phosphor – Thanks for the answers. I’m getting old (it’s all relative)so some of the easy solutions are lost on me, love the F, and tools (I’m blessed with dual displays)are on my right screen – Thanks, Bob
C
chrisjbirchall
May 29, 2005
Hey we’re all getting old!

….and for what it’s worth, I love the F too. But that’s a different story! <g>

Chris.
M
MarcPawliger
May 29, 2005
In article
wrote:

Y’all – How can I open an image in "Fit on Screen" mode, meaning centered on the screen in "Fit on Screen" mode in stead of upper left corner in it’s boundry box? I’m trying to cut down on steps – Thanks, Bob

Though you are using CS, it is worth knowing in CS2 you can trigger any script or action when certain events take place, such as opening an image. This may address your needs.

–marc

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections