How to run an action on opening an image?

D
Posted By
DavidAve
Jun 17, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d like that each time I open an image (a dng image) PS4 will run an action that I have created. Is there a way to do it? I do not know any scripting language.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

I
Infinitech
Jun 17, 2010
I think you’ll find this out in the file>script>script event manager in the drop down menu "photoshop event"
Stands in the "script" section of the cs4 manual (page 704 of the French version), always a good start 🙂
HTH

———–
www.imaginerie.org

"David" wrote in message
I’d like that each time I open an image (a dng image) PS4 will run an action that I have created. Is there a way to do it? I do not know any scripting language.
A
Alexander
Jun 24, 2010
On Jun 16, 11:18 pm, David wrote:

You could just creat a Droplet from the action that you would like to run and then just drag and drop the dng files on to this droplet.
N
nomail
Jun 24, 2010
Alexander wrote:
On Jun 16, 11:18 pm, David wrote:
I’d like that each time I open an image (a dng image) PS4 will run an action that I have created. Is there a way to do it? I do not know any
scripting language.

You could just creat a Droplet from the action that you would like to run and then just drag and drop the dng files on to this droplet.

Not necessary, there is an easier and much more elegant way. Go to ‘File
Scripts > Script Events Manager’. Check ‘Enable Events to Run Scripts/Actions’. Select a Photoshop Event, for example ‘Open Document’. Select the Action you want to run automatically each time Photoshop open a document. Click the ‘Add’ button and then the ‘Done’ button. That’s all.

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
N
nomail
Jun 24, 2010
Johan W. Elzenga wrote:
Alexander wrote:
On Jun 16, 11:18 pm, David wrote:
I’d like that each time I open an image (a dng image) PS4 will run an
action that I have created. Is there a way to do it? I do not know any
scripting language.

Oops, sorry for the choice of quote sign in the menu. Here it is again:

Not necessary, there is an easier and much more elegant way. Go to ‘File – Scripts – Script Events Manager’. Check ‘Enable Events to Run Scripts/Actions’. Select a Photoshop Event, for example ‘Open Document’. Select the Action you want to run automatically each time Photoshop open a document. Click the ‘Add’ button and then the ‘Done’ button. That’s all.

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections