cs4 full screen mode with menu bar worse than cs2?

R
Posted By
Roberto
Mar 17, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS2 there’s a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move the corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window, when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.

In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista os) doesn’t allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how to get this feature back?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Mar 17, 2010
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:02:44 -0700, james wrote:

In CS2 there’s a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move the corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window, when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.
In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista os) doesn’t allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how to get this feature back?

Press the space bar and use the hand to drag the main image in the main window.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
R
Roberto
Mar 18, 2010
In CS2 there’s a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move the
corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window, when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.
In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista os)
doesn’t allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how to
get this feature back?

Works! I wonder why they disable this feature in the navigator window. Thanks.
MR
Mike Russell
Mar 19, 2010
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:01:58 -0700, james wrote:

In CS2 there’s a full screen mode with menu bar that allows me to move the
corners of a photo to the center of the screen with the navigator window, when the photo is zoomed in. This makes it easier to work on the corners.
In CS4, the same screen mode (running on the same PC, on the same vista os)
doesn’t allow me to scroll the edges to the center anymore. Any idea how to
get this feature back?

Works! I wonder why they disable this feature in the navigator window. Thanks.

It’s never any fun to have a feature you are used to removed or changed. Sometimes Adobe seems to do these things just because they can. I still don’t like having to reach further for some of the keyboard shortcuts.

I’m guessing, but it is probably because Adobe did a complete re-implementation of the image drag functionality, adding things like rotate canvas. In adding these features, they did mot pay attention to the navigator.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections