EC
Posted By
eddie caruso
Jan 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
set the full screen mode with menus (pressing f twice) as my default workspace along with my palette locations. when i open photoshop cs4 and go to the saved workspace – the paletttes are in the right place but the image is in standard mode – with the title bar. not full screen. in cs3 this mode was saved in the custom workspace. is this a bug of some sort, or a removed capability?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 9, 2009
CS4 always re-launches in "Standard Mode".
If you were using the Application Frame when you last used the program, it re-opens with the Application Frame in position.
EC
eddie caruso
Jan 9, 2009
the app frame was the first thing i disabled when i installed cs4. with every photoshop update my first challenge is finding out how to reset the workspace so i can work without all of the silly flyout panels and icons. i guess i am old fashioned i thought cs2 UI was perfect (especially because of the mac red/yellow/green buttons)

I guess now in cs4 there is no option to have the full screen mode open as a default?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 9, 2009
Full Screen is only one F-click away though!
EC
eddie caruso
Jan 10, 2009
any idea why "standard mode" has to be the default? seems to me it would be no bother for adobe to let you choose how you want your workspace to open. its these little details that help customers improve their workflow.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 10, 2009
I can only suggest that you put in a Feature Request.
R
Ram
Jan 10, 2009
any idea why "standard mode" has to be the default?

That’s why it’s called standard. 😀
B
Buko
Jan 10, 2009
the app frame was the first thing i disabled when i installed cs4.

the app frame is disabled by default
R
Ram
Jan 10, 2009
Mercifully.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 10, 2009
Amazingly, the App Frame is beginning to grow on me — but I do keep it on instant on/off shortcut keys!
B
Buko
Jan 10, 2009
next thing you know you’ll be buying a PC. B)
R
Ram
Jan 10, 2009
next thing you know you’ll be buying a PC.

…if the price is right, who can blame her? That’s how I ended up with a Windows laptop. 😐

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections