Posted By
REMOVETHISBEFORESENDING
Jul 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Opening Images in Full Screen Mode

How does one get PS to open images as full screen or write an action to automatically change the open images to full screen?

I normally open a number of images at one time. PS does not open them as full screen. I must right click on them and select "fit to screen" to get a full screen image.

Thanks for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
bhilton665
Jul 11, 2004
How does one get PS to open images as full screen or write an action to automatically change the open images to full screen?

I normally open a number of images at one time. PS does not open them as full screen. I must right click on them and select "fit to screen" to get a full screen image.

Double-click on the Hand tool to do this quicker, or Cntrl-0.

You should also be able to make an Action that does this by creating a new action and assigning a hot key and doing ‘Insert Menu Item’ and then View > Fit on Screen.
D
dplank
Jul 11, 2004
The Mac equivalent is Command + 0 (zero)

Bill Hilton wrote:

You should also be able to make an Action that does this by creating a new action and assigning a hot key and doing ‘Insert Menu Item’ and then View > Fit on Screen.
CN
Chuck Norris
Jul 13, 2004
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:01:37 GMT,
wrote:

Opening Images in Full Screen Mode

Thanks for any help.

And, if you want to see just the image, use the F key to cycle through full screen/windowed modes, and the tab key to show/hide pallets.
R
REMOVETHISBEFORESENDING
Jul 15, 2004
Control-0 does not seem to work in an action. Any other thoughts?

On 11 Jul 2004 17:00:20 GMT, (Bill Hilton)
wrote:

B
bhilton665
Jul 15, 2004

Control-0 does not seem to work in an action. Any other thoughts?

As I said in an earlier post … "You should also be able to make an Action that does this by creating a new action and assigning a hot key and doing ‘Insert Menu Item’ and then View >Fit on Screen."

In other words, don’t try to get a keyboard shortcut into the action, instead try ‘insert menu item’.

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections