JG
Posted By
josiane_geoffrion
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on Photoshop 6.0.1 on a Macintosh working with system 9.2. By some kind of accident (I really don’t know how I have done it) the full screen mode with menu bar appears a pinkish colored background instead of the usual neutral grey background. How can I brind it back to the way it was? Thank you!

PS. I have tried to restart the computer and relaunch the application and nothing changed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Feb 19, 2004
You mean the screen area around an open pic?
With Windows, pick the neutral gray you want for foreground color (192/192/192 generally), use paint bucket and shift+click on the background. Prolly same on Mac.

Mac
R
Ray
Feb 19, 2004
Josiane,

You’ve probably SHIFT-CLICK on the on the background with the paint bucket while viewing a picture with at full screen mode. Here’s how to fix this : First, make your current foreground color gray (RGB values : 192, 192, 192). Then, while in full screen mode, click on the paint bucket tool. Then, SHIFT-CLICK outside the image area. That should fix your problem.

Alos, keep in mind that this is the Photoshop Elements Forum, a different software from Photoshop.

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 19, 2004
Ray,

In Photoshop 6 … how do you select full screen mode?

Wendy
R
Ray
Feb 20, 2004
If you maximize the image window and you press on the TAB key, the tool box and palettes will disapear. Press a couple of times on CTRL + and you will have a full screen mode.

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 20, 2004
WOW … My image just filled the whole screen.

Thanks for the info Ray

Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 20, 2004
Ray,

I didn’t know that it worked on Elements too … I just tried it out and it worked (Apple + on the Mac)

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 20, 2004
Hi Ray and Wendy, Great on my Mac, Apple + then Apple -! Neat tricks, thanks. Signing off now, gotta listen to my local radio station, the Blues! Till tomorrow, Jane
R
Ray
Feb 20, 2004
Jane and Wendy, I’m glad to help 🙂

The best way to work in full screen mode is to grab the Quick Reference Card (bundle version : print
it) and let it near the keyboard. You won’t need the tool box and you’ll have access to all your tools!

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 20, 2004
I should hook up my extra monitor to my Mac and use it in ‘extended mode’. Tools on the left one and picture on the right one. Its a real old crt, but I should give it a try.
Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections