MC
Posted By
Marilyn_Coon
Feb 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I save a file for "Web & Devices," when I open it, it returns this message, "This file contains file info data which cannot be read and has been ignored." Will this cause any problem with the file once I place it in the website I’m building? I’ve never seen this message before on a photo I’ve edited. The changes I made involved color correction.

Thank you,

Marilyn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Feb 9, 2009
Perhaps some odd EXIF data that gets messed up during Save for Web. Should not be a problem for the design of the web page, but since the mighty Google is spying everywhere, it would probably be a good idea to remove that data completely, anyway.

Mylenium
MC
Marilyn_Coon
Feb 9, 2009
How do you remove the EXIF data?
M
Mylenium
Feb 9, 2009
You can strip it in Bridge or most other image viewing tools…

Mylenium
MC
Marilyn_Coon
Feb 9, 2009
I have Bridge open, how do I strip the EXIF data in Bridge? When I open the File Info for the photo, I select the Advanced properties, and I see the EXIF Properties, but I am unable to delete them.

What am I missing? Can you give step by step procedures? I have not done this before. I am truly appreciative of your help.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 9, 2009
save for web itself can strip all metadata! look in the options.
MC
Marilyn_Coon
Feb 9, 2009
Ah, well, I’ve "Saved for Web & Devices" from the start in Photoshop CS3. It’s when I opened the file again in CS3 that I got the error message, so there must be an issue with CS3.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 10, 2009
i’m not at my ps system right now, but look through the save options in save for web. you should see something like strip exif data or something.
MC
Marilyn_Coon
Feb 10, 2009
When I go to "Save," I select "Settings" "Other," which brings up the "Output Settings" and under the XHTML settings, I do not have "Include XMP" selected. I had to deselect "Include Comments" under "Coding". This fixed it, but it then said it was HTML and not XHTML. So I went back in and reselected "Include Comments" and resaved it for Web & Devices. No more error message!

Thanks for your help! This was really bugging me.

Marilyn
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 10, 2009
no problem. i thought it had to be something in there… the whole reason for save for web and devices is to give you options like that (what to include or exclude when saving)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections