Posted By
Mark_W._Adams
Jan 10, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Vista Home Premium, 32 bit.
I’ve downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CS4 (I’m a first-time user of this program), but on opening it I always receive an ‘Owl Orphanage’ message (in Italian; I have the Italian version of Vista) telling me that it is impossible to find the file M2000Twn.dll. Photoshop nevertheless opens, but this message is annoying. Is there any way to stop it from appearing. I’ve done a search, and the driver M2000Twn.dll is in fact present on my computer.
Mark

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BC
Bart_Cross
Jan 10, 2009
Mark: There is a long thread on this, do a search for ‘Owl Orphanage’.
MW
Mark_W._Adams
Jan 10, 2009
Thanks Bart. I did a search before, but nothing came up!! Must have been doing something wrong. Will try again.
Mark
BC
Bart_Cross
Jan 10, 2009
Mark: Not sure where it dissappeared to, the thread was only three months ago, it cropped up shortly after the release of CS4. Maybe Bob can find it.
MW
Mark_W._Adams
Jan 10, 2009
Found it, thanks Bart. But apart from the complexity of some of the procedures outlined in the various posts (I’m pretty much a novice as far as playing around with program settings is concerned), my problem seems slightly different.
First of all, I have never used Photoshop before, and so am not upgrading from version CS3. Secondly, according to the ‘Owl Orphanage’ message I receive, it is not the entry point that cannot be found, but the file M2000Twn.dll.
And thirdly, as I said earlier, the ‘missing’ file is in fact already on the computer (but not in an Adobe folder).
As I have installed the trial version of Photoshop CS4 directly from the Adobe website, I do not have a CD with a ‘goodies folder’.
Hope this info is of some help…
Mark
MW
Mark_W._Adams
Jan 11, 2009
Just in case someone else receives the same ‘Owl Orphanage’ message; I found a solution to the problem at <http://www.winprj.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=129>
Even though the M2000Twn.dll driver was already on my computer, I downloaded it from the site given and placed it in the PhotoshopCS4 folder. Seems to have fixed things.
Mark
BC
Bart_Cross
Jan 11, 2009
Mark: Good to hear you got it sorted out, weird how a search of the forum didn’t find the thread, it had Owl Orphanage in the title.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections