JD
Posted By
Joe_Dempsey
Sep 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using PS since V5 and have never experienced this problem which continues to crop up in PSCS3. I get this stupid error message "Could not save….because the file is already in use or was left open." Even if I save as a new file which does not exist anywhere in the galaxy, I will get the same &^%$!! message. I have gone to the folders and made sure read only was unchecked in properties. I have lots of disk space and four gigs of high-end RAM. This is particularly frustrating when you are using this software to make a living and a fifteen minute project becomes a 45 minute project. I like everything about CS3 but want to pull my hair out by the roots when I pay for the best photo editing software available and it continues to screw me out of money. Adobe, are you out there? Can anyone help???
Thanks
Win XP SP2 / P4 3.2 running at 3.36 / four gig ram / buncha HDD space (more than 2TB total. Thanks and please excuse my prosaic explosions.
Joe

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PECourtejoie
Sep 11, 2007
Did you add the dll from previous versions to get the thumbnails in Windows? That sounds exactly the bug the dll was hitting.

Is the partition you are opening/saving from local? what size?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections