NL
Posted By
Nancie_L._Bush
Apr 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and an Epson Stylus Pro 9800 Printer. I need to be able to print 2 prints (16 x 20in each) on the 44" wide canvas. I just can’t figure out how to do this. Please, any assistance would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
Silkrooster
Apr 22, 2008
Probably the easiest way that I can think of, is open the first image, expand the canvas to 44" then open the second image and just drag the image onto the first image. If necessary you can use the ruler and guides if you want a specific margin between them.

If you have any problems with draging and droping, use can use select all(ctrl-a) and then use copy(ctrl-c) then paste(ctrl-v).
NL
Nancie_L._Bush
Apr 22, 2008
Thank you so much. Your a life saver.
NL
Nancie_L._Bush
Apr 23, 2008
When I tried to print, the print with preview, the pictures don’t show up, just a pale blue screen. I did a file – open and made this 44 x 24 inches. Then I copied and pasted the pictures I wanted, then flatten image. What am I forgetting to do?
S
Silkrooster
Apr 23, 2008
Not really sure with out seeing the screen. What are you using for the ppi? My thought is a 44 x 24 @300 ppi image may be difficult to see the entire thing in the preview. If thats the case, it will still print ok. My advice is to try a draft print with plain paper. Not only will that speed up the print time, but will save on ink should you have a problem. No point in wasting ink if you don’t need to.
Other than that, create a screen grab of your print preview and a grab of your image and post them here using one of the free sites like pixcentral. Hopefully someone with more experience in the printing department can chip in with some advice.
JM
J_Maloney
Apr 23, 2008
pixentral, not pixcentral. horrible name (hog guts, what?!?). good site.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Apr 23, 2008
First generate a new Canvas:

File>New

Set the width to 44", the height to a convenient number to accommodate the prints. 20" should be sufficient. Set the resolution to the resolution of the prints. (They are the same, aren’t they?). Set the background to white, color mode to what you are printing, bit depth to the print bit depth.

Now drag each print into place. A grid can help align, a good idea when you cut them apart later. The 20" dimension should be along the long edge. Space them so you have 1" from each edge of the prints and 2" between them and about 2" top and bottom. When you are satisfied, flatten then print as usual.

The print dialog will say the print is too big but ignore that. You have sufficient borders to have no problem.

This works every time.

Remember, the resolution, bit depth and color mode must match throughout.

If you want more space between prints, turn them 90 degrees and increase the height enough to have the white space required.
P
PECourtejoie
Apr 23, 2008
Are you sure that you are not previewing the print on a 8.5×11 page? Look at the numbers next to the preview. The pale blue is maybe a small part of a larger image. Select the correct page size/printer should fix your problem.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections