Posted By
googleplex
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, Photoshop Folks,

I have an older version (5.5) and want to print two pictures, each 4 x 6, on a single sheet of paper. I realize this must be pretty basic stuff, but can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 27, 2006
"googleplex" wrote in message
Hi, Photoshop Folks,

I have an older version (5.5) and want to print two pictures, each 4 x 6, on a single sheet of paper. I realize this must be pretty basic stuff, but can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Make a new document 8.25 * 6 and open and drag your two 4 * 6 background layers into it. The extra 0.25 will act as a separator.

HTH
MH
G
googleplex
Nov 28, 2006
Thanks, Mike, but I’m not sure what you mean by "open and drag your two 4 * 6 background
layers into it"?

Tom

Mike Hyndman wrote:
Hi, Photoshop Folks,

thanks

Make a new document 8.25 * 6 and open and drag your two 4 * 6 background layers into it. The extra 0.25 will act as a separator.

HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 28, 2006
Thanks, Mike, but I’m not sure what you mean by "open and drag your two 4 * 6 background
layers into it"?
Tom,

With your new document open, open the first image you want to add. You should now see two documents on screen, if not try Window>Arrange>Tile. With your first image, make sure your layers palette is visible, F7 on the keyboard.
Then click on and drag the "background" layer from the layers palette and drop it onto your new document. Use the move tool, V on keyboard to position the layer to suit. You can then close your first image document, open the second image document and repeat the above.

HTH
Mike H

Mike Hyndman wrote:
Hi, Photoshop Folks,

thanks

HTH
MH
G
googleplex
Nov 28, 2006
Thanks, Mike, this is really helpful.

So I am now able to drag the 2 pictures onto the new document. My problem is that the pictures do not take up enough room on the new document, and there’s too much blank space around the pictures.

I can send an image of what it looks like if that would help.

thanks again

Tom

Mike Hyndman wrote:
layers into it"?
Tom,

With your new document open, open the first image you want to add. You should now see two documents on screen, if not try Window>Arrange>Tile. With your first image, make sure your layers palette is visible, F7 on the keyboard.
Then click on and drag the "background" layer from the layers palette and drop it onto your new document. Use the move tool, V on keyboard to position the layer to suit. You can then close your first image document, open the second image document and repeat the above.

HTH
Mike H

Mike Hyndman wrote:
Hi, Photoshop Folks,

thanks

HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 28, 2006
Thanks, Mike, this is really helpful.

So I am now able to drag the 2 pictures onto the new document. My problem is that the pictures do not take up enough room on the new document, and there’s too much blank space around the pictures.
I can send an image of what it looks like if that would help.
thanks again
Tom

What resolution are your two images compared to the new image? If your new image has a higher resolution than the ones you want to input they will appear smaller in the new document. They all need to be the same resolution.

HTH
Mike H
Mike Hyndman wrote:
layers into it"?
Tom,

With your new document open, open the first image you want to add. You should now see two documents on screen, if not try Window>Arrange>Tile. With your first image, make sure your layers palette is visible, F7 on the
keyboard.
Then click on and drag the "background" layer from the layers palette and drop it onto your new document. Use the move tool, V on keyboard to position
the layer to suit. You can then close your first image document, open the second image document and repeat the above.

HTH
Mike H

Mike Hyndman wrote:
Hi, Photoshop Folks,

I have an older version (5.5) and want to print two pictures, each 4 x
6, on a single sheet of paper. I realize this must be pretty basic stuff, but can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Make a new document 8.25 * 6 and open and drag your two 4 * 6 background
layers into it. The extra 0.25 will act as a separator.

HTH
MH

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections