How? Print one picture/file twice on a sheet.

B
Posted By
Bob AZ
Nov 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Elements 2.
I would like to print a picture/file twice on one sheet. The picture would be 4′ x 11". So there would be the same image printed twice. I don’t find a way to do this. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
Bob AZ

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
neon
Nov 4, 2005
Ace wrote:
I am using Elements 2.
I would like to print a picture/file twice on one sheet. The picture would be 4′ x 11". So there would be the same image printed twice. I don’t find a way to do this. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
Bob AZ
file > print layouts > picture package
B
Bob AZ
Nov 4, 2005
file > print layouts > picture package

I have done this but there is no provision for anything but 5X7. I have ths image that I would like to have 4X11 and it would have to be "portrait" orientation to fit an 8
G
Graham
Nov 4, 2005
Edit/crop the picture to 4 x 11 proportions, portrait or landscape. Use Print Preview & position the picture on the paper by deselecting "Center Image" and dragging the picture to the desired location.
Print, then repeat on the same piece of paper, in a second image location

Graham

"Ace" wrote in message
I am using Elements 2.
Bob AZ
MB
Mike Billows
Nov 4, 2005
Try this.

Create the picture as a 4X11. Now create a new document – full page size. Now copy the original (4X11) and place it on the left. Repeat, only place it on the right. This will give you what you want.

Mike

"Ace" wrote in message
I am using Elements 2.
Bob AZ

N
neon
Nov 5, 2005
Mike Billows wrote:
Try this.

Create the picture as a 4X11. Now create a new document – full page size. Now copy the original (4X11) and place it on the left. Repeat, only place it on the right. This will give you what you want.

Mike

"Ace" wrote in message

I am using Elements 2.
Bob AZ
there are 16 different layouts available in picture package, but, you’re right, no 4 X 11. easiest, and best, workaround is to make a new file with the image on 2 different layers positioned so they both are visible, as mike said. a little cropping may be necessary. don’t be too surprised if your printer won’t let you use the full 11" though. many printers don’t allow borderless printing (assuming you have an 8 1/2 X 11 printer). and whatever you do, don’t run the same sheet through the printer twice as graham said. any ink on the rollers can really mess up the printer…and the image.
G
Graham
Nov 6, 2005
I run a lot of pages twice through thr HP 5550 and have never had any problem
with stray ink.
Graham

"neon" wrote in message
Mike Billows wrote:
Try this.

Create the picture as a 4X11. Now create a new document – full page size. Now copy the original (4X11) and place it on the left. Repeat, only place it
on the right. This will give you what you want.

Mike

"Ace" wrote in message

I am using Elements 2.
Bob AZ
there are 16 different layouts available in picture package, but, you’re right, no 4 X 11. easiest, and best, workaround is to make a new file with the image on 2 different layers positioned so they both are visible, as mike said. a little cropping may be necessary. don’t be too surprised if your printer won’t let you use the full 11" though. many printers don’t allow borderless printing (assuming you have an 8 1/2 X 11 printer). and whatever you do, don’t run the same sheet through the printer twice as graham said. any ink on the rollers can really mess up the printer…and the image.
G
Graham
Nov 6, 2005
"Ace" wrote in message
I am using Elements 2.
Bob AZ

Windows

PSE3 Windows version
Run Editor
Load photo & edit as needed

Click: Print Multiple Photos
Choose type: Individual photos
Size: Custom. Set to 4 x10.47

[ ] One photo per page – uncheck the box
Select: Use each photo 1 time

Click ‘Add’ (lower left screen)
Click: photo thumbnail (upper left screen)
Choose: ‘Add selected photo". Check the ‘Select’ box Click: Add, OK
Two duplicate photos should now be side by side.
Print

Graham

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections