help – Photoshop CS2 crashes everyime I try to print..

SB
Posted By
scott.barajas
Feb 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tells what the problem might be? and what I can try to get my photoshop from crashing/closing out everytime I try to print. Ive had CS2 for 2 years and have never experienced any problems.. until now.. any infor and suggestions on how to fix this problem would be helpful..

I’m on a mac powerbook, OS 10.3.9 , 1 GHz, 768 RAM – printer is Canon i850

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 4, 2007
does it happen in a new user?

have you tried reinstalling the printer drivers?

What maintenance do you do on the computer?
SB
scott.barajas
Feb 6, 2007
I dont think I need to re-installing the print driver because I can print with all my other programs.. Illustrator, my old 7.0 photoshop, iphoto.. from the internet.. only photoshop cs2 gives me the problem.. ??

As far as maintenance .. I run the disk utility – scan/clean up the permissions.. but thats about it..
B
Buko
Feb 6, 2007
You didn’t answer if you could print from a new user.
SB
scott.barajas
Feb 7, 2007
It still won’t print even with a new user.. so what would you suggest?..
B
Buko
Feb 7, 2007
That leave 2 options.

an archive and install of the OS. which I would do first.

If that doesn’t do it

reinstall Photoshop.
SB
scott.barajas
Feb 8, 2007
does that mean.. after I reinstall OS.. do I then do the updates to get back to 10.3.9? Will it auto-matically update.. I only have the oringinal OS 10.3 disks..
R
Ram
Feb 8, 2007
Just download and apply the 10.3.9 update to the OS install, it will take you from 10.3 to 10.3.9 in a single step.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections