pictures print brown through adobe HELP!

GD
Posted By
greg_daily
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a regular user of adobe and about a week ago I was printing two pages to proof a layout I was doing for a client.The first page came out true to color and the second had a brown-tan shift to it. Everything I have printed through adobe since has printed with this shift,even simple black and white text.Everything has the shift including the white background that should have no color at all! The two pages printed one right after the other and I made no program, software, or hardware changes whatsoever. Please help! It stinks running adobe and having to send everything to another program to print true to color. Thanks -Greg

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PH
Photo_Help
Oct 31, 2003
Greg,

Try resetting the preferences <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4a07f>.
CS
Carol_Steele
Oct 31, 2003
Sounds like one of your profiles has gone belly up somewhere along the lines. Can you re-install the profile from the printer CD or download it from the internet??

I presume that your monitor is displaying colours correctly (bring up an image on screen of something which you did much earlier to this happening to check). If these colours are out of wack, then the fault will be your monitor profile.

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
GD
greg_daily
Oct 31, 2003
Thanks Carol,
I don’t know how to find the specific profile for my printer(hp photosmart 7150). When I first began I saw different color management profiles, but it seemed that each one had only slight differences and with out knowing which would work I left it to not color manage. Thanks Greg
GD
greg_daily
Oct 31, 2003
And yes my monitor is displaying color quite well, With the new nvidia card I had installed about a month ago.
CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 1, 2003
With the new nvidia card I had installed about a month ago<

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Did this start happening at about the same time?? —

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
GD
greg_daily
Nov 1, 2003
Actually it happened about a month apart, but I’m not sure how a video card would have anything to do with a printer. I may be wrong. I also tried a different profile in adobe and it is still brown.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections