JR
Posted By
Jason_Rosinski
Aug 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot seem to print an entire picture package page. It prints about 55% of the page, then spits the page out (i.e. that’s all the data the printer is getting.) It’s like Elements isn’t queuing the entire page to the printer. I’m using an HP Photosmart 1000 (with latest HP drivers) and I use the print preview and see exactly the same thing – about 50-60% of the top of the page but that’s it.

I’ve tried several different page layouts – 2 5×7, 20 2×2, etc. and get the same results. In Elements I’ve played around with a few settings – ‘scale to fit’ being one, and get the same results. This is the only application I have this problem with. Any ideas?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ML
Mark_Levesque
Aug 12, 2004
Could you be running out of memory? I’d make sure that the page file is fairly large, exit any extraneous programs, and check on the amount of physical SDRAM present in the system. It sounds a bit like a resource problem.
BD
Ben_Darby
Aug 13, 2004
Jason, I’ve had similar problems when I run low on disk space for temporary storage. Check your available space in your TEMP directory (usually C:\TEMP), with Elements running and your pictures open.

Although in my case the print preview looked fine, it just didn’t print the entire picture.

Another thought — is it possible you’re trying to print in landscape mode while the printer is set for portrait (or vice versa)?
JR
Jason_Rosinski
Aug 16, 2004
Thanks for the replies. I have 1GB of RAM and at least 6+ GB free disk on my temp drive (as well as my partition where I store pictures.) (FYI – both PSE and my printer are set at portrait.)

I watched task mgr while I was creating a 2 – 5×7 picture package from a 62MB bmp file. Photoshop Elements took nearly all my available physical memory (785MB or so) and left me about 60Mb (physical RAM) available – although my page file was relatively untouched as my total memory used was just a little over a Gig. Disk space was still fine, though. Is this normal??

FYI – I tried setting my printer to low quality – using "low memory mode" and still get the same problem. Any other ideas??
BB
brent_bertram
Aug 16, 2004
Jason,
The only thing that comes to my feeble mind is to defrag your drives , if you haven’t already. Quite a few functions depend upon contiguous drive space, and perhaps this spooling is one of them.

🙂

Brent

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections