M
Posted By
Monica
Sep 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve made a few attempts to save my first "test" video in Premiere 2. Most configurations were horrible! Prior to Premiere I was using Quick Time Pro (for just basic compression and saving), H.264 codec and mp4 format. Made a couple movies in Windows Media Player that were saved as a lossless avi and then resaved in QT Pro for compression using the H.264/mp4 combination. This is the best compression/format I’ve found so far for family and friends and web viewing. The best I could do in Premiere (trying to reach a compromise with quality and file size) was exporting as
mpeg2-DVD/720×480/29.97 non drop frame/best quality/target bitrate of 6000. I just know enough about all of this to be dangerous <lol> so some of these settings are guesstimates 🙂 The 55 second movie was 40mb..yikes! Compare that to a 2 minute video, with added audio and a file size of 16mb, done in QT Pro. IMO, it looks better than the Premiere video. Problem with QT is the lack of editing features and WMM isn’t a whole lot better. My camera is the Canon S3. Movies are 640×480 30fps, avi format. Soooo, is there a combination in Premiere that renders similar or better results as H.264 codec and mp4 format?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,
Monica

Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
MacMike
Dec 3, 2006
On 2006-09-26 03:19:32 -0500, "Monica" said:

I’ve made a few attempts to save my first "test" video in Premiere 2. Most configurations were horrible! Prior to Premiere I was using Quick Time Pro (for just basic compression and saving), H.264 codec and mp4 format. Made a couple movies in Windows Media Player that were saved as a lossless avi and then resaved in QT Pro for compression using the H.264/mp4 combination. This is the best compression/format I’ve found so far for family and friends and web viewing. The best I could do in Premiere (trying to reach a compromise with quality and file size) was exporting as
mpeg2-DVD/720×480/29.97 non drop frame/best quality/target bitrate of 6000. I just know enough about all of this to be dangerous <lol> so some of these settings are guesstimates 🙂 The 55 second movie was 40mb..yikes! Compare that to a 2 minute video, with added audio and a file size of 16mb, done in QT Pro. IMO, it looks better than the Premiere video. Problem with QT is the lack of editing features and WMM isn’t a whole lot better. My camera is the Canon S3. Movies are 640×480 30fps, avi format. Soooo, is there a combination in Premiere that renders similar or better results as H.264 codec and mp4 format?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,
Monica

And this pertains to Photoshop ELEMENTS how…………????

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections