Posted By
Maureen_Marcell
Aug 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI,
I recently spent the last two months working on my daughter’s wedding pictures in iphoto. Yesterday I bought Photo Elements 2 to try to "fine tune" some of the pics. Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in trying to export the wedding pics from the folder in iphoto to Elements. After I exported the folder into Elements it was gray and I could not work with it. Do I have to start all over with the original pics to work with them in Elements? I’ve already spent hours and hours cropping, etc. over 210 pics to get them the way I like.
TIA,
Maureen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 27, 2004
I don’t use iPhoto, but I know it’s fully compatible with Elements. We have a number of regulars who use both – iPhoto for organizing and Elements for editing. Take a look at this link and see if it’s helpful. Just remember that Elements is a fully color managed application, and iPhoto is not. Be prepared for the possibility of a color shift when images are opened in Elements, but this can be dealt with by calibrating your monitor. If you need to do that, check back on the forum, because color calibration in OS X has been discussed several times, and we have some regulars who are experienced Mac users.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.1dea48be>
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 27, 2004
You can just go to File>Open (when in PSE) to put the image in PSE to fine tune. You might want to go to Edit>Color Settings and choose "None" if you have already worked on them in the non-color managed program so as to not have big surprises with a change in the colors.

edit–
or maybe "Limited Color Management" would display your images as you intended. But do calibrate your monitor first by using the Adobe Gamma Utility. Calibrating your monitor is not JUST for using the program, it sets up the display so one can view the whole range of tones in images.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections