RS
Posted By
Ryan_Satrappe
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a game developer looking for a tutorial reference on creating custom Photoshop export plug-ins.

Specifically I am looking for a tutorial reference that explains iteration through the Photoshop image and how to grab image layer data (i.e. Layer name, position, color channels, etc).

The SDK includes a few examples which lack any practical documentation. Any information is appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mick_Murphy
Jul 8, 2004
You might be waiting a while for an answer about programming plug-ins and the learning curve will be steep.

If all you want is to get info as above, you can use the Photoshop (7 or CS) scripting with VB (any flavour) to get this info and write it to a spreadsheet (ref your other post).
TH
Tim_Howrey
Jul 9, 2004
Check out <http://partners.adobe.com> – all development articles/information is located on this site.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 9, 2004
Ryan – you could do that with just a JavaScript. See the examples that come with Photoshop CS.
RS
Ryan_Satrappe
Jul 13, 2004
Hey Chris – Can you tell me exactly where these JavaScript examples are located? I assumed that they were embedded in the Photoshop directory, but I was unsuccessful locating them.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 14, 2004
In the presets folder, where the documentation says they are.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections