Posted By
letsjumpnow
Jan 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all!

I helped my friend design his resume, exported it as a PDF, and first encountered problems with the text not appearing when viewing the file in Preview. Even when exporting with none of the boxes checked as "high quality print," there were still problemos. We finally got the text to appear by flattening the text layer and exporting as a flattened image, but when he sent the resume to a prospective employer, he received this response:

"Your resume is not a standard .pdf file… it says something about photoshop when opened, doesn’t open by directly double clicking, and isn’t printing clearly. Is this created by the "print to pdf" option from an application? Is it a word file? Layout and design and content looks great, but the print quality isn’t optimal."

Any idea what the problem is? I figured the laserjet printer might be auto-reducing the size because of it’s border size limitations. If anyone has any workarounds, we’d both be pleased to know!

Thanks!

Alec

Using CS2 on OSX 10.4.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jan 21, 2007
Resumes are usually word files, that’s what perspective employers want. Giving them a photoshop PDF is a sure fire way not to get the job. Knowing when to use the right tool for the job is part of getting the job. I’m afraid you have screwed your friend over.

BTW you don’t export a Photoshop PDF you save it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections