Posted By
Phil_Scarsbrook
Dec 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Guys

I have a multilayered psd file (RGB 8 bit, 955 px x 600 px) and have created an animation (8 seconds) using the animation panel in timeline mode. File consists of 4 image layers and 3 text layers. When I choose File/export/render video, The quicktime options are grayed out and all I can do is render jpgs from the sequence.

Any ideas? I know that I have done this about a year ago without problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photoshop CS4 extended
XP Pro SP3
Dell Laptop
NVIDIA Quadro FX770M
4 gigs Ram
207 gig scratch

phil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Dec 22, 2008
Never mind…
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks Mathias…I think.

Anyway, I figured out my problem and wanted to share in case anyone else runs into this.

I was working on a new laptop (purchased expressly for CS4). After pulling what little hair out that I have left this morning, I decided to try it on my desktop machine. Lo and Behold, Quicktime options were available.

Idiot that I am, I assumed (yeah I know) that Quicktime would have been pre-installed on the laptop. Welllllll no, I didn’t have Quicktime installed at all.

Installed Quicktime and all is well.

Thanks for your help. If you need me, I’ll be sitting in the corner wearing a dunce cap.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections