CS2 on Intel Mac: can any of these problems be solved?

HD
Posted By
Holly_Duthie
Dec 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I got a shiny new MacBook and my CS2 seemed to make the jump just fine. But the more I use it, the more I find things that are missing or broken. Is there a fix for any of these things, or will I have to get my old machine back until CS3 comes out?

Here are the first few problems that come to mind:

Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner doesn’t show up in Import. I’ve installed all the latest drivers, and its own scanner software works, but it doesn’t show up in Photoshop.

No more "Save for Web" in Photoshop. No gif option at all under "Save As".

Tons of filters missing–does the new version not use plugins at all?

I’m using the latest version of CS2 (9.0.2) on the latest version of the OS (10.4.8 ) on a 2 GHz Core Duo machine. Any help in sight, or should I have looked before I leapt?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Dec 10, 2006
Sounds like you did not install the software but migrated it over. I would reinstall all software from original discs.

Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner doesn’t show up in Import. I’ve installed all the latest drivers, and its own scanner software works, but it doesn’t show up in Photoshop.

Always scan outside of Photoshop this way you can work while scanning.

No more "Save for Web" in Photoshop. No gif option at all under "Save As".

Tons of filters missing–does the new version not use plugins at all?

This sounds like you have moved the Photoshop Application out of the Photoshop folder in the applications folder Put it back.
HD
Holly_Duthie
Dec 10, 2006
Ah… Thanks, Buko. You’re right about the migration. It worked so well with everything else and seemed to work on PS as well, but there were clearly a few pieces missing. A reinstall from scratch has gotten everything back to where it should be.

A word to the wise upgraders of the future: Don’t be lazy. Do it right.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Dec 10, 2006
I concur that installing from scratch is the way to go. A PITA to be sure, but doing so and religiously repairing permissions immediately before/after all installations helps keep each box performing to its maximum potential.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections