Posted By
LRK
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ImageReady CS Issues (OS 10.3.4)

1. Remote Rollovers: not working right in HTML. I have a document all set up with a link in one slice and a rollover in another. It works in ImageReady but when I save Optimized I lose the remote tollovers. It seems I can only get rollovers to work that are part of the same slice. This issue is important and I would appreciate any help from those who know.

2. Export to SWF Broken: I’ve been experimenting with ImageReady’s Export to SWF with rollovers. It only does part of the job. There are lots of missing links. I tried it over and over last night and couldn’t get it to work right. This one is not as important. I was mainly experimenting with this feature since I like to use Flash.

Not sure if these are bugs or I’m missing something.

Here is a link <http://graphicspalmbeach.com/client/cindirogerswebsite/> to the Web page I did prior to making the rollovers remote. The newer document will have a picture change in the middle when you rollover the navigation on the left. The center navigation links have been removed.

I may start this thread in the GoLive Forum, but I think it needs to be here as well since the docs are being exported from ImageReady.

Linda

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Am I the only person who has attempted to create remote rollovers in ImageReady? …or who has this problem?

Same with exporting a swf file?

One thing I’m wondering is if it’s because my work file is too large. When I go from PS to IR I get the file size warning. I might try experimenting with a smaller file.
B
Buko
Jun 3, 2004
I tried this and I can’t get remote rollovers to work when I export to SWF either.

I have not had time to play with it yet
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Thanks for responding Buko. At least I know it’s not just me. I am working on a client’s web site and she really wants the remote rollovers. I’m putting together a smaller sample psd file along with the resulting web page and also an export of the swf file for others to look at.

I’m hoping Chris Cox or someone from Adobe will at least be able to shed some light on this. I will post a link shortly.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Here are the sample HTML and SWF files. < http://graphicspalmbeach.com/client/cindirogerswebsite/troub leshooting/HTML/RemoteRODoc.html>

At the top of the page is a link to download the ImageReadyCS work file.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
I’ve just made a correction to the PSD document. If someone downloaded already, please do so again.

Sample HTML and SWF files with Download. < http://graphicspalmbeach.com/client/cindirogerswebsite/troub leshooting/HTML/RemoteRODoc.html>
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Somebody in the GoLive forum was able to make it work using my sample psd file. It appears I’m missing something related to Java Script.

Does anyone know what I’m missing?

If I can’t get it to work I may need to resort to finishing the job in Fireworks. πŸ˜‰
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
I’m frustrated. I don’t know what’s missing that it won’t work for me. I was supposed to be done with not only this page but two more by the end of the day.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Can’t you just do the whole roll-over thing in using GoLive CS’s image mapping and Roll-overs palette?
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Yes… and I probably will have to resort to that. But this is supposed to work and do it automatically. I have it all working right in IR but when I export it I don’t get any remote rollovers, only the local ones that reside in the same slice.

It’s working for others using my sample file but not for me.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Ann or someone else: If you get some time would you please test it. Try downloading the file I posted as is and then without making any changes, do save optimized as and then test the html file in a browser.

Go here < http://graphicspalmbeach.com/client/cindirogerswebsite/troub leshooting/HTML/RemoteRODoc.html> and click on the link at the top to download my sample file.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Linda:

The only roll-over that I see in Safari, IE or Netscape is a green rectangle which appears over the words: "Remote Rollover Link".

The check mark does not change in any way.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Okay… then maybe there is something else going on.

The menu items on the left when rolled over should cause the picture in the center to change. I’m working on some photos I took of her yesterday to give myself some more time in case someone has a solution besides having to play with code.

Thanks Ann!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Linda:

Check your email.

The necessary layer-based roll-over slices seemed to be missing for the check mark in the original file.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Thanks! I explained back in the email to you. πŸ™‚
J
jonf
Jun 3, 2004
Without benefit of the emails, I’m not sure what’s been covered, but the code only shows one mouseover changeImages tag. You’re certain you applied a mouseover behavior to change both the rollover.jpg image AND the check.jpg images?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Actually, we fixed it.
All it took was some targeted application of a whip Β….
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jun 3, 2004
Linda,

May be you would so kind as to post the solution. After all the purpose of the forum is User to User help and it seems that some users did attempt to help you. As things stand they’re oblivious to why you couldn’t get it to work.

Ian

PS: I know you’re busy so post when you have the time
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Finally!!!

Thanks to Ann’s persistance, she uncovered it and I finally got it. I neglected an extra little remote rollover button that I never used with normal rollovers. I even Read The Friendly Manual and overlooked that little button.

I guess I’ll be working late tonight, but at least I can enjoy the sun rise in the morning. πŸ™‚

Thanks for helping me Ann!!!
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Hi Ian,

I will be very happy to post the solution. I’ll put together a screen shot and post it shortly.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
For those who downloaded Linda’s file:

Basically:
You make only the "Purple – Rollover State" layer visible. Then you go to your Rollover States "Over" slice in Web Contents/Slices; Click on the Whip and pull it into the Slice 3 area in the main ImageReady window.

Then you turn on visibility to ONLY the "Full Color – Down State" Layer; Then you go to your Rollover States "Down" slice in Web Contents/Slices; Click on the Whip and pull it into the Slice 3 area in the main ImageReady window.

The instructions in "Remote Rollovers" in Photoshop Help are a bit confusing, but you have to pull the whip from the Slices panel in the WebContent palette into the actual area inside Slice 3 (the Checkmark slice) in the main ImageReady window.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
Thanks Ann!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Actually your secret "Make Slice RemoteΒ…" button does the same thing as the Whip (and is probably quicker), providing that the visibility is on for the right layer.
L
LRK
Jun 3, 2004
When you kept mentioning the whip, I thought you were joking about whipping it in shape…lol. I guess there really is a whip… I need to go back and read again…
R
Ram
Jun 4, 2004
I just clenched my teeth and hoped the whip had nothing to do the same line of thought that brought us with weight loss. Thanks for clarifying.
L
LRK
Jun 4, 2004
You’re funny Ramon… and so sweet!

We need to convince Ramon’s wife that he needs and deserves a new camera. πŸ™‚
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 4, 2004
Strictly speaking, the one that I am talking about is called a "Pickwhip".

;~)
L
LRK
Jun 4, 2004
Here’s another funny little tidbit. I guess the little remote rollover box is new with ImageReady CS. Prior to CS you didn’t have to check it… at least with some earlier versions. I guess that’s why when some other users tried my file without making changes it worked for them.

Discovered this while comparing notes with Jesper in the GoLive forum.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 4, 2004
You are right: Your file (just as you originally made it) works if you Save Optimized from ImageReady 7.0.1 but from IR CS, you have to make the links as we discovered.
L
LRK
Jun 4, 2004
Another mystery solved… 8)
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jun 4, 2004
Linda,

Thanks for posting the solution (you to Ann). Whilst I don’t use IR or have any need for rollovers I’m sure others will have found the thread informative.

Ian
L
LRK
Jun 4, 2004
My pleasure Ian.

By the way, it’s nice to have you here. πŸ™‚
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 5, 2004
Where’s here?

Here is nowhere and nothing are we.

I really don’t exist, except in your mind……..
B
Buko
Jun 5, 2004
….but I never mind.
L
LRK
Jun 8, 2004
Back to the Export to SWF Broken situation. This indeed does seem to be buggy. I get a file with some lines of text showing, some missing.

I’m not depending on it right now but this new feature would be helpful if it worked right.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections