MG
Posted By
mark_gilmer
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
With Photoshop 7 and Iphoto 4 I could set the preferences in Iphoto4 so that when you double click a photo in Iphoto it would automaticly open in Photoshop. HOWEVER now with Photoshop 8, the File>Open defaults to look for RAW PHOTOSHOP files. How can I change that default setting back to JPEG so that Photoshop8 will automaticly open the photos sent to it from IPHOTO. Is this even possible?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
bryan_hughes
Apr 16, 2004
Hi Mark,

Could you please pass on your specific camera information? I’ve yet to reproduce it with in-house files, but will continue trying.

Thanks,

-Bryan
MG
mark_gilmer
Apr 20, 2004
the problem is not camera specific. I am just trying to click on any photo in I-PHOTO 4 and have it open in PHOTOSHOP 8. Everytime I do this, PHOTOSHOP opens but the photo dosen’t open, I have to seach for it manually which sort of defeats the purpose. I think it dosent open it because the FILE>OPEN default in PHOTOSHOP 8 is looking for photoshop RAW files, and I want to set the default to look for JPEG photos. Does this make any sense?

thanks in advance for any time you may have spent on this matter.

-mark
R
Ram
Apr 20, 2004
Hello Mark,

Would you please check the FAQs to see if this applies to your problem:

Scott Weichert "Double clicking/drag and drop Photoshop files opens application but not file." 2/10/04 10:05am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections