MS
Posted By
maria_stephens
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone, please help….I need to export an image with a transparent background but also have spot channels, so that Quark will pick the colours up….any suggestions??

Maria

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DA
David_Avery
Aug 16, 2004
If the image needs to be one spot color, in grey scale – save a a 8 bit tiff. Place in Quark – then set the box color to none and the item color to the desired spot color. You might be able to place two tiffs exactly on top of each other and do this – selecting overprint in the trapping menu for the top TIFF and get the two to blend properly. (Haven’t tried this thought)
J
jonf
Aug 16, 2004
Using a background of none in a picture box (for anything other than an eps with a clipping path) is a recipe for jaggie edges. Sometimes it works, but check your proofs carefully!

If you need to retain the colors in the original image you’ll need a clipping path if it’s going into Quark. I think InDesign will support transparent tiffs, if you want to switch to yet another Adobe app.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 17, 2004
If you have a spot color channel, you need to save as either a DCS2 or as a Photoshop PDF. However, I have no idea whether or not Photoshop PDFs work in even the latest version of QXP.

I suspect that they probably don’t?!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections